Air conditioning service in Ubon Rat for Honda City car

gerry1953

We had a dealer estimate for a 7 year old Honda City for about 9,000 baht (3 components) but if the compressor was no good it would be 15,000 baht more?

Does anyone know of a good, honest, reasonably priced air conditioning service garage in Ubon?  It only has 140 KMs on it but it could have after market parts as the warranty has expired.  My wife took the car in and sometimes the dealers gouge the ladies thinking they will pay up?  Thanks

There is a place half way between the U-park shops and the ring road, on the same side of road. Next to the water filter place. Son-in-law of friend. Always kept my old D-max running cold. Done reasonably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over the years I have used Watana Car Air. They are on Phalochai Rd next to the entrance to Wat Chai Mongkon. When coming from the Mun River past Tung Sri Muang, turn hard left just past Ubon Plaza, and Watana Car Air is about 100 m along the road on the left. They are very busy and you may have to make an appointment. They will give you a quote.

I wish I had seen Michael's posting 4 months ago - before I let Toyota Sisaket (Kantharalak branch) charge me 24,000 baht to renew all my air con components, including front & back compressors, on my Fortuna Sportivo.

I don't think I was ripped off as such - the labour charge was cheap and there was a car-full of replaced parts when I collected the vehicle - I suspect they were charged at list price, but I would probably  have accepted a non-OE solution on a 10 yr old vehicle with 270k km on the clock.

Other than this my Toyota has been a bargain to run, even using the main dealer for services every 10k km. Virtually nothing had gone wrong to that point, but I don't think that will apply in its old age!

Thanks for the great local information, my wife ended up taking it to Watana Car Air (near where she was going) and she really liked the service and honesty.  She paid a whopping 990 baht bill instead of the 9,000 - 24,000 baht the dealership wanted. They replaced the relay and refrigerant after a quick estimate and they had a comfortable waiting area with A/C and drinks as well.   She was on her way and happy as a clam!  Sometimes it really pays to ask for recommendations and local input.

Archived