avocados

huuwi

5 hours ago, Singhajon said:

interesting read, thanks for the link.

so, for us not realy a option, as we are at sea level down south in trang area.

also wet soil is a problem then when we are in the rainy season.

hi, try to search but did not find anything.
has any of you plant some avocados.
is there a place to get the plants, phuket or trang aera.
thanks for tips.
I'm in Isaan and got mine at an agricultural show.
Have not really looked after it by feeding, but it is quietly growing. It also had to compete with the lemon tree for sun until we cut the lemon tree back.
From the little I know you should try and get a good grafter one and I hear Hause are the better variety, but don't know. They are more expensive. It doesn't seem to be too bothered by pests, but the grasshoppers will have a go.

Man who knows about them is Grafting Ken20191020_131315.jpg20191020_131330.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, carlyai said:

I'm in Isaan and got mine at an agricultural show.
Have not really looked after it by feeding, but it is quietly growing. It also had to compete with the lemon tree for sun until we cut the lemon tree back.
From the little I know you should try and get a good grafter one and I hear Hause are the better variety, but don't know. They are more expensive. It doesn't seem to be too bothered by pests, but the grasshoppers will have a go.

Man who knows about them is Grafting Ken20191020_131315.jpg20191020_131330.jpg

i read a little bit into it now and it looks like that this will not be suitable for the missus. we are at sea level and lots of water in the rainy season. your lemon tree looks good.

i read a little bit into it now and it looks like that this will not be suitable for the missus. we are at sea level and lots of water in the rainy season. your lemon tree looks good.
We are at sea level, weather extremes, lots of rain in wet season, I'd say have a go.
Try to go to a local Ag show or look on some Thai web site for advacadoes. You'll probably find someone in your area, or PM grafting ken and ask him. He knows all.[emoji848]

9 hours ago, Singhajon said:

Agree with carlyai have a go, this one is around 2 years old in Isaan around 150 mtrs above sea level Avo.jpg.57e96cf25df93b5560c69406792c40d5.jpg

i use this concret rings around my plants in phuket because we live next to a kung farm and in the past they had drainage overflow, so i have clean soil. why you do it on your farm, any specific reason?

14 hours ago, carlyai said:

We are at sea level, weather extremes, lots of rain in wet season, I'd say have a go.
Try to go to a local Ag show or look on some Thai web site for advacadoes. You'll probably find someone in your area, or PM grafting ken and ask him. He knows all.emoji848.png

it maybe not hurt, will try to find some when i go down to pathalung to pick up my lemon trees. friend of mine says they have a hugh garden center there with lots of different fruit trees.

7 hours ago, huuwi said:

i use this concret rings around my plants in phuket because we live next to a kung farm and in the past they had drainage overflow, so i have clean soil. why you do it on your farm, any specific reason?

To stop the roots getting water logged, it also makes picking and maintenance easier as you can see from the lack of weeds in the rings ????. The Avocado seems to like it 

45 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Got fruit yet?

Not yet, If this one carries on growing i'll replace more limes with avo's, am a part timer in Thailand so do what i can when around.

I got told Avo trees under 2 years should be covered in shade cloth. Would like 2 or 3 for personal use. Wife and I plan on attending the Kasetsert uni show next year so may get lucky with Avo trees and Java Blue banana plants.  Plus Myer lemon trees.....

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Myer lemon trees

You can get these at the weekly plant market at Chatuchak (Tuesdays and half a day Wednesdays). The guy who sells them parks infront of  shop/lot number 9. All good quality grafs. 

On 10/29/2019 at 5:25 PM, djayz said:

You can get these at the weekly plant market at Chatuchak (Tuesdays and half a day Wednesdays). The guy who sells them parks infront of  shop/lot number 9. All good quality grafs. 

Thanks for the tip.   When we are at the Kasetsart uni market next year we will staying a couple of days so I  would like to go to BoBae tower and get some cargo shorts, new T's and that's only a stone's throw from Chatachuk......aw <deleted>.....do I have to do all the driving?

Archived