Another story from Isaan

soalbundy

Once in a quiet park set back from a beach in Sydney, i watched as about 10 Myna birds were harassing a crow. It was obviously too close or had just raided a nest The crow didn't seemed bothered by it, just languidly flying around as the mynas kept swooping in on it. After about 2 minutes the crow got tired of it, grabbed and killed the next one that dive bombed it and dropped the body and just as languidly flew off. I was a little taken back at the callous nature of the scene.

Liked your story BTW,

Loved the story. Stories like that are the trigger for many discussions in the villages of Isaan. Especially with the location at the DaiYai shrine. The elders of the village would be asked to explain the meaning and the signs being given to you. Anamism at work. 

I would be very interested in hearing what the verdict is, good or bad sign! But as suggested in a previous comment, be prepared to offer tamboon and hold some sort of ceremonial event.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2019 at 10:34 AM, IsaanAussie said:

Loved the story. Stories like that are the trigger for many discussions in the villages of Isaan. Especially with the location at the DaiYai shrine. The elders of the village would be asked to explain the meaning and the signs being given to you. Anamism at work. 

I would be very interested in hearing what the verdict is, good or bad sign! But as suggested in a previous comment, be prepared to offer tamboon and hold some sort of ceremonial event.

The elders said that the village founders ghosts instructed Soulbuddy to write in green in order to transmit a curse to those TV members who like to complain about just about anything., e.g., text colour. Any whingers will then spontaneously combust within 24 hours!

I do apologize for the text size and colour. This was a cut and paste from an email that I sent to my sister in Australia, she has a cattle farm in the outback and once a month or so we send each other small stories of things that have happened in our lives in the countryside. She likes the blue colour of the text (it is light blue on my screen) and the larger text size although there is nothing wrong with her eyes. She has written me some wonderful emails concerning cutting firebreaks during grass fires and floods, being left in the outback at night with a dead horse and sitting with a rifle, scared of wild dingos, waiting for her husband to find her with the jeep etc. She likes me to write it in the manner of a story as she collects them and has made them into a book form for her family.