Multi-Entry Visa Employment Letter

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking into wanting to get the Tourist Multi Entry Visa(From the U.S.) but it says need a letter of employment. I'm currently unemployed(Left a previous job weeks ago) but definitely have the necessary funds to sustain myself for the entire period. Would i not be eligible for the visa in that case ?

54 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

If it says you need it, why would you don't need it?

I ask because i read up on some topics that there were exceptions to this(some people living off their investments, self business owner, etc)

5 minutes ago, nichopaulcnx said:

Letter from your employer !!

k?

Edited by OxKing033

1 hour ago, OxKing033 said:

I ask because i read up on some topics that there were exceptions to this(some people living off their investments, self business owner, etc)

From the embassy in Washington DC's website. https://thaiembdc.org/tourist-visa-category-tr-multiple-metv/

"10.For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

They need to show other papers

Oh I see, since they're a special case

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

From the embassy in Washington DC's website. https://thaiembdc.org/tourist-visa-category-tr-multiple-metv/

"10.For self-employed, business license or business registration indicating the applicant’s name."

Thanks for the link!

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

Yes, but it doesn't seem to address what a retired or non working person would need. Now I am not really surprised because even though the METV is a tourist visa, I thought the original intent was for frequent travelers that had business, and it was not just supposed to be a sight seeing come and go a lot tourist visa.

The underlying reason to ask for proof of employment is to get re-assurance that the odds of you taking up (illegal) work in Thailand on a TV/METV are minimized.

If you're already (legally) employed in your home country when applying for a TV,

there's little incentive to work illegally in Thailand - at least, that's the idea.

Edited by varun

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Yes, but it doesn't seem to address what a retired or non working person would need. Now I am not really surprised because even though the METV is a tourist visa, I thought the original intent was for frequent travelers that had business, and it was not just supposed to be a sight seeing come and go a lot tourist visa.

They have also done them for those that are retired.

I think they started the METV for those they want to be able to come and go as much or a little at they want to. 

I think the proof of employment was stuck in the requirements by a committee determined to make it as hard to get as possible. Same for only being able to get it in your home country or country of legal residence.

There are few embassies and consulates that do not require proof of employment and some are flexible on the money in the bank.

• Like 1

I just arrived in my 5 th METV ( one each fall) the letter I include could not be simpler. “ This is to verify ( I used to say certify but changed the word this year ) that James Doe is a full time employee at ( company name ) for 15 years. 
I add on a signature for a boss and my signature and staple a business card. No one has ever contacted my boss or me and never will. They just want a stupid piece of paper and give you a visa. There are just too many nervous nellies, scare mongers and people who over do things on this forum. Really keep in simple. I applied for my first one in Boston and the last four were mailed to NYC. I also want to add I have never used a letter head with company name etc ever. 

Edited by alex8912

On 10/21/2019 at 8:25 PM, alex8912 said:

I just arrived in my 5 th METV ( one each fall) the letter I include could not be simpler. “ This is to verify ( I used to say certify but changed the word this year ) that James Doe is a full time employee at ( company name ) for 15 years. 
I add on a signature for a boss and my signature and staple a business card. No one has ever contacted my boss or me and never will. They just want a stupid piece of paper and give you a visa. There are just too many nervous nellies, scare mongers and people who over do things on this forum. Really keep in simple. I applied for my first one in Boston and the last four were mailed to NYC. I also want to add I have never used a letter head with company name etc ever. 

Thats relieving to hear, i guess many of us are worried because we don't want to get denied lol.

• Like 1