Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Tollway fees to go up for the first time in 5 years

webfact

Tollway fees to go up for the first time in 5 years

By THE NATION

800_d57c9ea98256fcc.jpg?v=1571707263

Don Muang Tollway Public Company Limited, operator of the Uttaraphimuk Elevated Tollway aka the Don Muang Tollway, announced on Monday (October 21) that the company will raise tolls on its elevated tollway over the next five years from December 22, 2019 through December 21, 2024.

The increases will be introduced gradually, with the tolls for Dindaeng - Don Muang section going up by Bt10 (average Bt2 per year) and the Don Muang - National Memorial by Bt5 (average Bt1 per year).

The new fees at each checkpoint will be as follows:

Untitled.jpg

Related stories: Test runs without using barriers at expressway tollways to start Sunday

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-22

I use this tollway everyday. Most expensive 5 km I drive but worth it in time saved. I just wish they would join the EzPass/MPass system so I don't have to be so cash aware... They were great when they used the 7-11 card for payment but that has gone away. Back to cash again. I do believe I see some people using coupons but I have no idea where to buy these or even if that is what they really are... I don't mind paying the toll, I just wish they would make it easier to do so!

I agree it is usually the quickest way in town.  The problem is going to be the coin and people needing change it is going to slow things down for a while.

Am I correct in saying that this is going to start on 22 December that seems strange you would l think they would start it after the new year for ease of operation 

7 hours ago, paulbrow said:

I use this tollway everyday. Most expensive 5 km I drive but worth it in time saved. I just wish they would join the EzPass/MPass system so I don't have to be so cash aware... They were great when they used the 7-11 card for payment but that has gone away. Back to cash again. I do believe I see some people using coupons but I have no idea where to buy these or even if that is what they really are... I don't mind paying the toll, I just wish they would make it easier to do so!

Don't the toll stations also have an E Tag option where payment is deducted electronically from a bank account or credit card, as being cashless, with an electronic reader on your inside windscreen?? Same as in most western countries.. Great for convenience and minimal queues.. 

4 minutes ago, owenm said:

Don't the toll stations also have an E Tag option where payment is deducted electronically from a bank account or credit card, as being cashless, with an electronic reader on your inside windscreen?? Same as in most western countries.. Great for convenience and minimal queues.. 

AFAIK you put "credit" on it............like a prepay phone.

8 hours ago, paulbrow said:

They joined the M Pass / Easy Pass systems about three years ago.  

Get an Easy Pass, top up online.  Super easy.

21 hours ago, paulbrow said:

Ask in any of the tollbooth offices, usually on the left just after the booths.

Also good if you need an emergency P at times.

12 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

They joined the M Pass / Easy Pass systems about three years ago.  

We are talking about the Don Mueang Tollway here. I drive it every day, no Easy-Pass or M-Pass ????

It would be great if they joined but I expect commercial / politics are getting in the way ????

22 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We are talking about the Don Mueang Tollway here. I drive it every day, no Easy-Pass or M-Pass ????

It would be great if they joined but I expect commercial / politics are getting in the way ????

Oh wow - I stand corrected.   

I drive all over the place and was pretty happy when they finally merged Easy and M, but thinking about it the DM tollway is probably the only one I haven't driven on for quite a few years.

I long for the day the we might get something like Dubai's Salik or Singapore's ERP so there are no more queues (often get stuck in queues with Easy Pass due to the tailback at toll booths), but that's probably decades away...

14 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh wow - I stand corrected.   

I drive all over the place and was pretty happy when they finally merged Easy and M, but thinking about it the DM tollway is probably the only one I haven't driven on for quite a few years.

I long for the day the we might get something like Dubai's Salik or Singapore's ERP so there are no more queues (often get stuck in queues with Easy Pass due to the tailback at toll booths), but that's probably decades away...

And I am always enchanted when some xxxxxxxx without easy pass gets in the lane and clogs up the system.

23 hours ago, paulbrow said:

You can apply here. Take passport and tabian rot with you. It cost nothing.images.jpeg.b11f4dfe83d5fdef28ac6bf096ec0b57.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Da Nang said:

You can apply here. Take passport and tabian rot with you. It cost nothing.

How do these coupons work? Are they for a value or a route (toll gate)? Is there financial advantage in using them?

29 minutes ago, Da Nang said:

I do not know anything about coupons.

You get a transponder which you put on the wind screen. Load your account with some amount of money and then it is working automatically.

Balance under 200b you get a SMS warning.

There is no transponder (OBU) for Don Mueang Tollway unless you know something we don't, if there is it's not exactly well publicised.

Archived