Taxis

Big A

After reading today's BKK (DMK?? :o )Post, I saw that some drivers are already fleecing people by taking them to the wrong airport, or, on arrival at Suwannapoom, telling them that such and such a flight leaves from Don Muang.....sorry, Don MuEang airport.

Here we go!!!

Edited by Big A

After reading today's BKK (DMK?? :o )Post, I saw that some drivers are already fleecing people by taking them to the wrong airport, or, on arrival at Suwannapoom, telling them that such and such a flight leaves from Don Muang.....sorry, Don MuEang airport.

Here we go!!!

I posted about the same time in General ...

BTW the'e' makes sense in Thai ... and to anyone that understands translit ... ua and uea are very different sounds :D

Here we go!!!

I posted about the same time in General ...

BTW the'e' makes sense in Thai ... and to anyone that understands translit ... ua and uea are very different sounds :D

doesn't take them long to come up with new and improved scams does it?

I agree with the Mueang spelling. The sound is much more like the Thai. Some guy has written into the BKK Post claiming that uea is an illegal grouping of vowels in the English language. Rather misses the point that it is not English but an attempt to use English (sorry can't recall the term for our characters) lettering to create Thai sounds.

... Some guy has written into the BKK Post claiming that uea is an illegal grouping of vowels in the English language. Rather misses the point that it is not English but an attempt to use English (sorry can't recall the term for our characters) lettering to create Thai sounds.

Must be a member of the language police department to tdeclare this as illegal.

Edited by Axel