Video: Countdown to "bad as ever" smog season in the north begins

webfact

Video: Countdown to "bad as ever" smog season in the north begins

1571833065153-800x450x2.jpg
Picture: TNA

TNA reported on the issue of fires in the north of Thailand causing smog. 

They cautioned that there are signs that the problem will be every bit as bad at the start of next year as it was this year. 

A video showed measures that the authorities will take to mitigate the crisis.

Some officials were putting a brave face on the possibilities explaining what could be done in terms of fire prevention to combat the smog. 

TNA said gloomily that the countdown to smog season had begun. 

Measures such as spraying and leaf blowing were shown on the video. 

Officials explain that the weather conditions were a factor as well as man made problems. 

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-24

but it has a powerful cooling effect.  on the UNFCCC IPCC forcings chart, of course, it shows as "aerosols and PM"....

and there is an added bonus... the carbon black component in this used to have a slight heating effect when it landed on the top layer of snow by making more of it de-ice because black absorbs the sun's heat... but soon we will no longer have any Arctic ice at all... old ice or new ice (snow)..... so it will only mostly be a cooling effect.  which is very very good!!!  we will need that "negative" thermodynamic effect from our changed atmospheric concentrations of what George Herbert Walker Bush referred to as "green house" gases, in reports he agreed with.  but then The Clintons beat him for a 2nd term bid and came up with their still wildly successful narrative... even in 2019... that it is only about some ice melting in 2100... so enjoy your "real life" Amerikeen style and.... vote for us, the Climate Believers.

3 hours ago, ttkeric said:

Oh joy..... Things don't look (smell?) better in Udon Thani where I hang around occasionally. 

Udon Thani city centre is often worse than Bangkok! no effort being made to clean up traffic or dusty roads, instead of buying submarines this country needs to invest in some road sweepers!

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Some officials were putting a brave face on the possibilities explaining what could be done in terms of fire prevention to combat the smog. 

The smoke comes from illegally lit fires ,!
Is it forbidden, or not?
Enforce the law that already exists, give severe punishments!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

A brave face on admitting their failures to combat the man-made side of things.

On 10/24/2019 at 2:24 PM, legend49 said:

Well it will discourage tourists from CNX so life will be quieter here, must always look on the bright side of life.

The good news is the bodies will be piling up sky high in the morgue after they choke to death.  Less people has its advantages, quieter times, less traffic, smaller queues in the supermarket 555. so much for tackling the problem. 

On 10/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, marquis22 said:

Good news? I gotta live and breathe the disaster!

I would seriously check into planning a funeral. You won't live much longer in Chiang Mai with that haze. Let others on this forum know the costings for choking to death. Morgue, embalming, cremation etc. I can't believe anyone with a brain would stay in Chiang Mai. There needs to be found the cause of the brain damage for why people stay or holiday in Chiang Mai. 

5 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

There needs to be found the cause of the brain damage for why people stay or holiday in Chiang Mai. 

and for the over-dramatic meanness presented toward them... 

air and other pollution is a world-wide issue... CM has a tough season of it... but so many other places have it too and for longer periods.... 

but thanks for your kind concerns... 

Lookie Lou .... uneducated rice farmers..... plus some mysterious arsonists, according to some other girlie men.... are also setting fires in California. 

what in the world?  using an effective 'tag' that the New York Times used to use about a year back or so before it switched back to simply referring to these kinds of stories, about smoke in Chang My, and wildfires in California.... as 'about ice that may begin melting in 2100'.  that's the USA explanation... but we have a local 'farlang' explanation.

smoke.  and not the 'smoke' we used to see 'coming from our mouths' in the cold season... and that hasn't been observed for several years.. the same years these arsonists and uneducated rice farmers began burning paddy in northern Thailand, California, Indonesia.... and what little is still left of the Amazon 'rain forest' (do they still call it a rain forest?)........   

but they have a solution.  mandatory 'safety black outs' for many [N.B. many] Californians. maybe that could solve Chiangmai's problem too! 

oh! and no small plastic shampoo bottles in hotels.  that's not a joke.  it's a new law in California.  believe it or not.  

so!  maybe another solution.  'safety black outs' for just a few days at a time.  but only where uneducated farmers live, not where there are precious tourists.  without shampoo bottles. 

On 10/26/2019 at 8:26 PM, wisperone said:

Ah...the joys of living in paradise. What more could one want.

That's exactly it. I noticed a high percentage of delusional farang in Thailand. The fact that farang willingly live or holiday in Chiang Mai and call it paradise, not forced, when they know the deadly effects to their health, unbelievable delusion. These expats need an immediate mental health check up. There are plenty of places in the World with clean air, that's where people with good mental health go to live and go on holiday. Surely there is somewhere with clean air in Thailand? If not, try Danang. otherwise do a costing to meet your maker, that smog is deadly. 

40 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

That's exactly it. I noticed a high percentage of delusional farang in Thailand. The fact that farang willingly live or holiday in Chiang Mai and call it paradise, not forced, when they know the deadly effects to their health, unbelievable delusion. These expats need an immediate mental health check up. There are plenty of places in the World with clean air, that's where people with good mental health go to live and go on holiday. Surely there is somewhere with clean air in Thailand? If not, try Danang. otherwise do a costing to meet your maker, that smog is deadly. 

I deny being delusional, if I didn't have a house and kids in Chiang Mai, I'd be outta Thailand in a flash.

IMHO the whole country's gone to poop!

But DaNang, no ......... Loads more weed, cheap beer, and 'bar girls' in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh or Saigon.

Even Central France would be preferable to DaNang, good for a weekend beach holiday, but that's it.

As for smog affecting my life expectancy, unlikely as I'm really old and don't expect more than another 5 years.

On 10/24/2019 at 7:56 PM, marquis22 said:

Good news? I gotta live and breathe the disaster!

Its not a disaster, its willfully and intentionally man made, happens every year and tolerated by the gov with nothing ever done about it... 

It has however been an annual event forever and anyone choosing to go live in the North should be aware its always been one of the drawbacks for a few months a year.. 

On 10/26/2019 at 10:54 AM, Langkawee said:

I would seriously check into planning a funeral. You won't live much longer in Chiang Mai with that haze. Let others on this forum know the costings for choking to death. Morgue, embalming, cremation etc. I can't believe anyone with a brain would stay in Chiang Mai. There needs to be found the cause of the brain damage for why people stay or holiday in Chiang Mai. 

Ok sure, if I come back to life like that elderly lady did then I will let you know all the costs involved ????

Archived