Entry to swampy on non o after staying long term.

Ive posted before about this. Just after any updates. Currently 3 non o multi visas plus a retirement extension in my aussie pp, current non o multi obtained from savannakhet 5 months ago. Have been basically living in thailand for 16 years on the non o multis. No tvs or voa. What problems may I face when flying into swampy next week?

Edited by johnny1966

I am similar.. Non O multis (if I can keep getting them) after years of extension.. I also kee a copy of my marriage cert and 20k cash in my travel wallet, I want to 1 have a verifiable reason and 2 deny the possibility of being railroaded under the 'no funds' thinking. 

4 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

As long as you have the proper visa, you don't have any problems. The people with problems are the ones who think they can still live here on tourist visas. 

That visa is not meant to be used to live in the country so arguably it's not the "proper visa". It's for people that live outside Thailand that want to visit multiple times within a 1 year period. Hopefully immigration will keep allowing it's use for the foreseeable future, but they are getting harder to get and IMO the days are numbered.

• Like 1

I have been here for 12 1/2 years, last 8 or so on Retirement extensions, I arrived back from a week in the Philippines on Wed and my passport was given the 3rd degree by a woman IO who called over 2 others to look at it as well, not entirely sure what it was all about, she never actually said anything to me about it, but I got the impression they were scrutinising my address.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, johnny1966 said:

Currently 3 non o multi visas plus a retirement extension in my aussie pp, current non o multi obtained from savannakhet 5 months ago.

Surprised in reading that. I thought it was no more possible to get Non-O *multiple entry* in nearby countries ?? Apparently I was wrong :ermm:

2 hours ago, Pungdo said:

I have been here for 12 1/2 years, last 8 or so on Retirement extensions, I arrived back from a week in the Philippines on Wed and my passport was given the 3rd degree by a woman IO who called over 2 others to look at it as well, not entirely sure what it was all about, she never actually said anything to me about it, but I got the impression they were scrutinising my address.

Suvannabhum or don meung?

49 minutes ago, emptypockets said:
5 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Surprised in reading that. I thought it was no more possible to get Non-O *multiple entry* in nearby countries ?? Apparently I was wrong :ermm:

I'll be entering Swampy in about 2 hours on a non O multi entry that I obtained in Savannakhet in August.

Good to know.

I just checked their websites :

- Savannakhet  only talks about single-entry 90-days Non-O

- Vientiane clearly says multiple-entry are reserved to Laos-residents only

:ermm:

28 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Good to know.

I just checked their websites :

- Savannakhet  only talks about single-entry 90-days Non-O

- Vientiane clearly says multiple-entry are reserved to Laos-residents only :ermm:

Savannakhet still issue a ME Non O to spouses of a Thai regardless of what's on the website. However, IMO they will be stopped at some point in the near future in line with the changes happening around the world.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2019 at 7:47 AM, FritsSikkink said:

As long as you have the proper visa, you don't have any problems. The people with problems are the ones who think they can still live here on tourist visas. 

Well every Thai embassy around the say that you can live in Thailand long term with tourist visa,.
Have anyone heard of somebody being denied a tourist visa in his home country with a passport full of visas and stamps?
If you have more information than the I suggest you informing them (Thai embassies) rather than giving out wrong information here in TVF.

• Haha 1

Many of us who have legit o/A visa/extensions multi entry/exit out the thailand, still has concerns if we can enter Back Thailand. This made me think.

Just for discussion, in the event we cannot enter, what can we do to prepare for this.

How do we dispose of our funds in the Thai bank if we cannot enter Thailand?

How about property like house or vehicle ?

Should we have a exit plan in place if we cannot enter Thailand when we return from our holidays ? Can we discuss what we can do now versus worrying if we can enter the kingdom or not. Thanks

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Many of us who have legit o/A visa/extensions multi entry/exit out the thailand, still has concerns if we can enter Back Thailand. This made me think.

Just for discussion, in the event we cannot enter, what can we do to prepare for this.

How do we dispose of our funds in the Thai bank if we cannot enter Thailand?

How about property like house or vehicle ?

Should we have a exit plan in place if we cannot enter Thailand when we return from our holidays ? Can we discuss what we can do now versus worrying if we can enter the kingdom or not. Thanks

If you have a long term visa/stay permit you are not going to be denied entry. It is only people using short term tourist visas to stay long term that have a problem.

2 hours ago, emptypockets said:

I'll be entering Swampy in about 2 hours on a non O multi entry that I obtained in Savannakhet in August.

Update.

Straight through immigration in less then ten minutes.

NOTE:

The new xray scanners are being installed but not yet operational.

Appears as though you will get your bags from the carousel and take them to the machine.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

Update.

Straight through immigration in less then ten minutes.

NOTE:

The new xray scanners are being installed but not yet operational.

Appears as though you will get your bags from the carousel and take them to the machine.

Well done. No questions? 

• Sad 1

On 10/24/2019 at 12:00 PM, elviajero said:

That visa is not meant to be used to live in the country so arguably it's not the "proper visa". It's for people that live outside Thailand that want to visit multiple times within a 1 year period. Hopefully immigration will keep allowing it's use for the foreseeable future, but they are getting harder to get and IMO the days are numbered.

Fund requirements have gone up to 20.000€. I just applied for non-O multi entry.

16 hours ago, Pungdo said:

Avoid the ladies