Phuket Red Cross blood reserves healthy, but happy to help other provinces

webfact

Phuket Red Cross blood reserves healthy, but happy to help other provinces

By The Phuket News

1571982629_1-org.jpg

The notice calling for more blood donations nationwide posted yesterday (Oct 24)Image: PR Dept

PHUKET: Following the national call for more blood donations yesterday amid fears of urgent blood supplies running low, the Phuket chapter of the Thai Red Cross has confirmed that blood stocks in the province are healthy – but welcomes more donations to help nearby provinces.

“The Phuket Red Cross has not run out of blood stocks. We have enough of every type of blood in the blood bank to support everyone, but we are pleased to help other provinces,” Aimon Iwsakul of the Phuket Red Cross confirmed to The Phuket News this morning (Oct 25).

“We are happy to share our blood reserves with Red Cross offices in Phang Nga, Krabi and other provinces nearby in case they run out of blood,” Ms Aimon said.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-red-cross-blood-reserves-healthy-but-happy-to-help-other-provinces-73352.php#BlST0Wso4Q7KYBSw.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-10-25

The problem here is the outdated premise that if you are over 65 you are too old to donate blood .

I am O Neg a much sought after blood but shunned by the Red Cross because I am too old. My mother donated blood until she was in her early eighties a system that checked her before she gave and she was happy to do so, good for the donor and good for the Blood banks. Here they shun healthy Foreigners because we are too old . Which is a sad attitude and shows Thailand has not really advanced in health care at all especially in relation to Blood Banks .