Good hairdresser/barber?

SteveK

They charge more than that?  I have watched it go from 60 to 80 to 100 and now 120 at barber shop here in Bangkok and aware beauty shops can charge a bit more but suspect would also cover my head if it cost over 500 baht. 

All depends on the definition of "good" and what your special needs are.

With some effort you will find one that goes up to such heights.

But a neat/proper shop with AC etc. should not go higher than 200?

I find that when Thais cut hair it looks like they stuck a 9 inch pudding basin on your head and cut round it, leaving the top uncut. It looks daft.

In my experience only the Chinese Thai are good at cutting / styling hair.

I solved the problem by going bald. Sigh.....

I would recommend khun Mook. She works at the Faded Barber Shop on Beach Road, close to the junction with Pattaya Klang.

For me she (?) is doing an excellent job en pays a lot of attention to details. I believe khun Mook is a so called Tom Boy. 

I live out of town and still use the place I used to live near on Siam CC road, opposite the mosque. It has gone from 60, to 80 now 100 baht for the haircut and clean up. It is on my way into town so no issue.... 

15 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

I find that when Thais cut hair it looks like they stuck a 9 inch pudding basin on your head and cut round it, leaving the top uncut. It looks daft.

I made this experience with a lady in the village who opened a haircut business.

But my regular young Thai male next village does it very well.

60 Baht, proper shop with AC (started at 40 Baht in 2011).

16 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I made this experience with a lady in the village who opened a haircut business.

But my regular young Thai male next village does it very well.

60 Baht, proper shop with AC (started at 40 Baht in 2011).

My Mrs say I look like 'military' or 'schoolboy' when I come back from the barbers, but what do I care! I don't have to look at it, and am lucky to have hair at my age. It looks okay after a week or two of growth and I don't want to be going back too often. 

There's half a dozen in what was (maybe still is) Soi Holywood off South Pattaya Road between Tukcom and the market. All 100 baht plus 20 tip. I'm old and a short back & sides usually suffices and been using them for years. The last one on the right to Soi 17 have half a dozen barbers and usually friendly.

Archived