Correct Paperwork for Thai Kid Non-O

I assume you mean that you want a Non O visa for yourself, based on being the parent of Thai kids. Usually for the kids themselves, it is easier just to use Thai passports.

For you, a single entry Non O allowing a 90-day stay, requires the original birth certificate, plus a copy, a copy of the kid's ID cards if they are old enough to have them, and a copy of the housebook where the kids are registered. Depending on where you apply, you may need to show some financial proof. Where will you be applying?

You may be able to get a one year, multiple entry Non O to visit your kids, providing 90-days on each entry. At most embassies and consulates, these are no longer available.

Once in Thailand, you can apply for extensions of your permission to stay. A single 60-day extension of each entry into Thailand is easy to get. You just need the birth certificate, 1,900 baht, and one or more of your kids with you. (You can also get this extension if in Thailand on a tourist entry.) A longer one-year extension of your permission to stay is possible, but more involved. Ask again if you want details about that.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

I assume you mean that you want a Non O visa for yourself, based on being the parent of Thai kids. Usually for the kids themselves, it is easier just to use Thai passports.

For you, a single entry Non O allowing a 90-day stay, requires the original birth certificate, plus a copy, a copy of the kid's ID cards if they are old enough to have them, and a copy of the housebook where the kids are registered. Depending on where you apply, you may need to show some financial proof. Where will you be applying?

You may be able to get a one year, multiple entry Non O to visit your kids, providing 90-days on each entry. At most embassies and consulates, these are no longer available.

Once in Thailand, you can apply for extensions of your permission to stay. A single 60-day extension of each entry into Thailand is easy to get. You just need the birth certificate, 1,900 baht, and one or more of your kids with you. (You can also get this extension if in Thailand on a tourist entry.) A longer one-year extension of your permission to stay is possible, but more involved. Ask again if you want details about that.

I'm hoping to do the same as  sunsamurai . After getting the non - o based on having a Thai child , can the above described extension be accomplished without leaving Thailand ?  Is it possible to get repeat extensions ?( without leaving the country hopefully ) . How many times ?

4 minutes ago, gimo said:

I'm hoping to do the same as  sunsamurai . After getting the non - o based on having a Thai child , can the above described extension be accomplished without leaving Thailand ?  Is it possible to get repeat extensions ?( without leaving the country hopefully ) . How many times ?

You can only get one 60 day extension per entry.

If you are the legal father of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. The extension would allow you to stay in the country as long as you want to by applying for a new extension every year. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kralledr said:

Does the income need to be from outside thailand?

Unless legally working here the 40k baht income must come abroad. 

For the 400k baht in the bank it does not require proof it came from abroad.

32 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only get one 60 day extension per entry.

If you are the legal father of your child by way of marriage or legitimization of your parenthood you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. The extension would allow you to stay in the country as long as you want to by applying for a new extension every year. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof of 40k baht income.

My belief is that I will need to have been in Thailand for a year straight to show evidence of 40k per month , before applying for the year extension . I'll be returning to Thailand next year after 2 years in Australia . It looks like I should be able to get the non-o for 3 months , then the 60 day extension . The problem is how to stay with my son for the following 7 months until I can show the regular 4k baht over a year .

39 minutes ago, gimo said:

My belief is that I will need to have been in Thailand for a year straight to show evidence of 40k per month , before applying for the year extension

For the first extension of stay application the 40k baht only needs to be going into the bank for 1 or 2 months.

From the police order.

image.png.9aa8df87e2ae98c6d941e0ff5101b99b.png

image.png.d5c1c61823a94b7d9e45aa41f3cab74a.png

• Thanks 1

Great news . Probably for samurai too .

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

For the first extension of stay application the 40k baht only needs to be going into the bank for 1 or 2 months.

From the police order.

image.png.9aa8df87e2ae98c6d941e0ff5101b99b.png

image.png.d5c1c61823a94b7d9e45aa41f3cab74a.png

Good news . Probably for Samurai too .Thanks Ubon Joe 

• Like 1

Thanks UbonJoe and BritTim

I've booked an appointment in Vientiane next week, do they ask for proof of revenue or 400k there (I understand it's just for extension later), is the multiple entry 1 year visa available there?

Also I was told to show a picture of my kids in school uniform, in front of their school, and a letter from the school. Is this useful at all?

5 minutes ago, sunsamourai said:

I've booked an appointment in Vientiane next week, do they ask for proof of revenue or 400k there (I understand it's just for extension later), is the multiple entry 1 year visa available there?

No financial proof is required.

They only do single entry non-o visas.

5 minutes ago, sunsamourai said:

Also I was told to show a picture of my kids in school uniform, in front of their school, and a letter from the school. Is this useful at all?

That is for a 1 year extension.

• Thanks 1

Hello,

I am following this thread as I probably will apply for the same kind of visa in about 8 to 10 months from now. I see that all you are writing about is a single-entry O-visa based on having a Thai child. How to obtain a multiple-entry O-visa 1 year......can I apply for that in Savannakhet? (without financial proof)

25 minutes ago, AP7100 said:

How to obtain a multiple-entry O-visa 1 year......can I apply for that in Savannakhet? (without financial proof)

The only nearby location that will issue a multiple entry non-o based upon being the parent of a Thai is the consulate in Penang and they want to see 400k baht in a bank or proof of income.

• Thanks 1

I have given them this since 2016 (not married but biological father) for 1 year multiple entry Non O at abroad embassy (not in my native country) Cost 2 Benjamin Franklin notes

Condo chanote (my name)

House book with kids and mother in it

Birth certs

legitimization of father document from Child and Juvenile court (this was a long process)

Kids ID when 7y/o

Passport copies of all Incl mother with all stamped pages (including kids second nationality passports)

School ID incl insurance (international school)

Copies of tuition fees receipts dating at least a year back

Bank statement showing funds

Just picket up the latest visa yesterday actually

Some of the above documentation may not be required but as mentioned this has been no issues at all since 2016

UPDATE FROM VIENTIANE 

Yesterday they refused my application and asked for a bank statement [saying that the amount didn't matter], kids' mom id, and mom signature on all copies of ids and tabian baan.

Here's the full list I submitted with their approval:

. Form, pictures with white background 

. Passport and passport copies

. Id copies of all kids and mom *all signed by the mother*

. Copy of tabian baan for kids and mom *all signed by the mother*

. Copy of kids birth certificates 

. Original of kids birth certificates [returned to you] 

. Bank statement [amount irrelevant, mine was <30k, screenshot from bank website] 

Didn't have to book new appointment : officer said I had 5 days to reapply and I did it the following day. 

Hope this is useful to you guys, good luck ????????