Jomtien Condo Owners Sue For Sea View

george

Total waste of space and money

Can you really imagine anyone with the money to have their own personal helicopter buying a unit in any low end View Talay project

It's not for the kee-niows who buy VT units...it's for the VT developer who hops from VT to VT in his private helicopter (paid for by the buyers of these units) to check the latest sales numbers at each project :)

Total waste of space and money

Can you really imagine anyone with the money to have their own personal helicopter buying a unit in any low end View Talay project

It's not for the kee-niows who buy VT units...it's for the VT developer who hops from VT to VT in his private helicopter (paid for by the buyers of these units) to check the latest sales numbers at each project :)

You don't need a helicopter

View Talay build them so close together you can jump from one to another.

Of course if you don't have strong legs then you end up as a pile of mush

First, sorry this may be a bit off topic but does the VT 7 building effect the UBC satellite signals as they built this only a few hundred metres away from the Jomtien Complex (A building). The lower floors must have been blocked from picking up UBC signals from the angles I see from these dishes. Renting there appears that only Sophon cable is available? Any comments appreciated.

Edited by gerry53

• 2 weeks later...

I was told that the environment board mandated a green roof for their approval of the building permit. I doubt vt did all the addition work required for a green roof system. The dirt in going to hold water which will leak into the top floors condos.

I would hate to own a penthouse in vt7.

Out of curiosity, does anyone have any details about the shophouses that VT have built in an 'L' shape on the southern side of the VT7 plot? Will these belong to VT7, or is VT keeping them for itself (or maybe setting up a separate management company)? Does anyone have any idea what rents are being asked for these places?

stopvt7 blogspot has gone quiet as the grave since august. No inputs or updates whatsoever. hmmmm. No other site is giving info either.

Yes, read between the lines. View Talay is contacting buyers for final payment and is in the process of transferring deeds at the Land Office. They do about 10-15 per day I am told.

Just had a phone call from my lawyer and he said my title transfer for my unit in VT 7 was completed in my name on Monday afternoon.

He also said that View Talay was doing " many, many " transfer's yesterday afternoon

View Talay had been waiting for the final judgement of the court, so I assume it's a done deal now.

Let the renovations begin

VT7 is complete and as others have noted deed transfers continue at the Land Office. It you are a buyer not in Thailand I would contact the office for more information. I would not trust or chance receiving notification by mail. Must say I was surprised to see a lift for the handicapped at VT7. Can't recall ever seeing one in Thailand let alone a VT project. The green roof and flowers on balconies look nice too. Even the new shop houses are a notch above. Here are few photos for those that care.

post-9935-1259481367_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481385_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481416_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481445_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481465_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481499_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481516_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481536_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481563_thumb.jpg

post-9935-1259481575_thumb.jpg

Just had a phone call from my lawyer and he said my title transfer for my unit in VT 7 was completed in my name on Monday afternoon.

He also said that View Talay was doing " many, many " transfer's yesterday afternoon

View Talay had been waiting for the final judgement of the court, so I assume it's a done deal now.

I made a call to fine out there no final Supreme Court decision.

I don’t understand how Pattaya land office could give a clear title deed without encumbrances? Buyer beware!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't understand how Pattaya land office could give a clear title deed without encumbrances? Buyer beware!

If it's correct, then that's interesting. The Rayong Admin Court last month closed down 76 projects in the Map Ta Put industrial estate on environmental grounds. We are talking big money here, not a relatively insignificant condo building - one estimate I read reckoned the cost would be around 100 billion Baht. The government was naturally very concerned about the impact on investor confidence, and so got the local court decision referred to the Supreme Admin Court ASAP. Their ruling came very quickly, upholding the lower court's ruling apart from 11 projects where the environmental impact was deemed to be minimal. Even PTT's huge new gas separation project is stymied. And it's evidently the same environmentally-aware Supreme Admin Court who still have to give their verdict on VT7. Hmm, things might get interesting again.

I don't understand how Pattaya land office could give a clear title deed without encumbrances? Buyer beware!

If it's correct, then that's interesting. The Rayong Admin Court last month closed down 76 projects in the Map Ta Put industrial estate on environmental grounds. We are talking big money here, not a relatively insignificant condo building - one estimate I read reckoned the cost would be around 100 billion Baht. The government was naturally very concerned about the impact on investor confidence, and so got the local court decision referred to the Supreme Admin Court ASAP. Their ruling came very quickly, upholding the lower court's ruling apart from 11 projects where the environmental impact was deemed to be minimal. Even PTT's huge new gas separation project is stymied. And it's evidently the same environmentally-aware Supreme Admin Court who still have to give their verdict on VT7. Hmm, things might get interesting again.

Thaibob should be along any moment now

Thaibob should be along any moment now

Yes, Thaibob should be back giving bad advice. That man cannot read English and he advised people to measure into the sea from the coast line!

"Yes, Thaibob should be back giving bad advice. That man cannot read English and he advised people to measure into the sea from the coast line! "

ThaiBob just corrects the crooked interpretation of the law by StopVT7. And StopVT7 is the one who doesn’t write and read proper English. StopVT7 vowed never to post on TV again but now he posts under the name of Coldfeet.

I just wonder if you need 10 people to take any frivolous case to court like the one taken by StopVT7, how many people you need to vote StopVT7 out of Thailand. Surely you don’t need people who abuse Thai legal system like that. These undesirable elements should leave Thailand if they don’t like living here and don’t respect Thai legal system.

The case is over already but StopVT7 wants you to believe that it is not.

But anyway, probably be moving to my condo in VT7 next week. Just waiting for the furniture to arrive.

I've never chimed in on this thread--I have no condos and am only interested from a spectator's perspective.

I believe that most people who have paid attention to this issue believe that View Talay 7 was built illegally and that they were able to do this through corruption. VT7 is closer than 200 meters to the shore, it's simple.

"I've never chimed in on this thread--I have no condos and am only interested from a spectator's perspective.

I believe that most people who have paid attention to this issue believe that View Talay 7 was built illegally and that they were able to do this through corruption. VT7 is closer than 200 meters to the shore, it's simple."

So the others 100’s building as well. Being closer than 200m to the shore, don’t make them illegal. You listen to much to StopVT7. He is making up facts as he goes.

Anyway, hundreds of people got they title deeds and they renovating their condos. Everyday people moving in and I will be moving in next week, if I can handle the noise.

Really nice view from the balconies. Pity StopVT7 cannot see it. But at least he can enjoy that laughing guy, whom he liked so much. And you cannot lose it.

:):D:D:D:D:D

I have the same question. I suppose we could speculate on land office rationale and VT7 pitch.

But can someone please report what both / either Land Office and / or VT7 are saying reference lack of a Supreme Court decision.

Specifically, do they even mention encumbrances, lack of decision, etc?

I have the same question. I suppose we could speculate on land office rationale and VT7 pitch.

But can someone please report what both / either Land Office and / or VT7 are saying reference lack of a Supreme Court decision.

Specifically, do they even mention encumbrances, lack of decision, etc?

I work in Real Estate,i can tell you one thing one hundred percent sure vt7 is staying and it impossible that the supreme court will ask for vt7 to be knocked down,impossible.Please believe i'm thai and i know about this case.

• 2 weeks later...

Mr marekm1

Their 525 condo in JCC and 96% on the owners back the stopvt7 group and I’m happy to be part of that group of supports.

So what don’t you understand about English in reading the court case. We understand clearly that the law said measure 200 meters and were it noted on the map to start the measurement. It is also clear Issue 9 was an update which made changes to Issue 8 and 9 was not written to restate 8 as only one court witness claimed. So let the court decide before you talk about abuse of the Thai law system.

If this was a frivolous case the Adm Supreme Court would not accepted the appeals. If I were you, I would wait for the final decision before moving in furniture.

Mr marekm1

Their 525 condo in JCC and 96% on the owners back the stopvt7 group and I'm happy to be part of that group of supports.

So what don't you understand about English in reading the court case. We understand clearly that the law said measure 200 meters and were it noted on the map to start the measurement. It is also clear Issue 9 was an update which made changes to Issue 8 and 9 was not written to restate 8 as only one court witness claimed. So let the court decide before you talk about abuse of the Thai law system.

If this was a frivolous case the Adm Supreme Court would not accepted the appeals. If I were you, I would wait for the final decision before moving in furniture.

24Dec09 BKK Post Editorial ref Map Ta Phut

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion...-at-map-ta-phut

Whatever the outcome of the court's ruling on the appeal bids, the Supreme Administrative Court's injunction putting on hold 65 projects at Map Ta Phut should serve as a valuable lesson to all investors that they have to be socially responsible and take into consideration the well-being of the people living in close proximity to the sites of their projects. There is not a single doubt that foreign investment is still needed and will always be welcome in this country, but projects which are dirty and harmful to the environment or to the health of the people should not be tolerated even though they may create jobs and improve growth figures

Of course VT7 is here to stay. That decision was made years ago when the building injunction was lifted.

Of course the distance to build higher than 14 m is meant to be 200m from msl inward,

a law or whatever having been in place for some three decades. The way JCC. Was built.

But when a project promises such a golden future why not employ an expert witness

to clarify the situation accordingly. Now I suppose to get a final decision from a court

might require some more time like ten or so years because would they decide it to

be legal what a precedent for all future cases. And to declare it illegal suddenly what then.

Knock it down to 14m ? You must be joking. So I suppose, the case will keep on

hanging and hanging maybe until doomsday.

I don’t think anybody abused the local legal system because a judge should be required

to dismiss a case unless it has legal grounds.

Of course it would easily be possible that those 200m have been violated before but

probably never faced such decisive and fierce opposition.

I am of the opinion that the piper has been paid and the tune has been played. It is quite obvious, at least to me that VT 7 is NOT the legal 200 meters from MSL. Unfortunately this is Thailand.