Bus driver fined and suspended after allegedly assaulting a foreign cyclist

webfact

Bus driver fined and suspended after allegedly assaulting a foreign cyclist

26.jpg

A bus driver in Thailand’s northern province of Chiang Mai has been fined and temporarily suspended from duty after he allegedly assaulted a foreign cyclist.

The incident, which occurred on Saturday morning at the Tha Pae Gate in the municipal area, was reported by a Facebook user, identified as Yodsaphon Thikham, who also posted a video clip.

The bus company operating the Chiang Mai city bus service contacted the victim in the afternoon of the same day, after it learned about the incident via social media, and took him and the bus driver to the Muang district police station.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bus-driver-fined-and-suspended-after-allegedly-assaulting-a-foreign-cyclist/

thaipbs.jpg
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

(from the link:)

"The company also offered an apology and said the incident resulted from a miscommunication."

I wonder if that could be a way of saying the driver told him to eff off and the cyclist refused?

Can the bus company expand on the term, "miscommunication"

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

It's been 15 years since I was in Chiang Mai but is it OK to take bikes on buses? If I tried that in Bangkok it would end sadly as well.

I think the CM buses run with hardly any passengers, so plenty of room for bike.  What I can't understand is why the doors are open & passenger is attempting to get off, whilst the bus is in the right hand lane at TP gate.  

UPDATE:

Fired! But netizens and witnesses stand up for driver after altercation with farang

3pm_VI.jpg

Manager reported on the case of a Chiang Mai city bus driver who was fired after he was caught on a video assaulting a foreigner with a bicycle. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 12:44 PM, happy chappie said:

Farang cyclist charged with hitting bus driver on his fist with his chin and smashing him in the foot with his balls.

a french cyclist dragged his balls across a thai bus drivers face...

in other news today the weather has been...

On 10/29/2019 at 5:31 AM, smedly said:

Others pointed out that some foreign cyclists were occasionally seen defying the rules by not using bus stops to board or alight from buses.

Is it not up to the driver to decide where and when to stop and open the doors, how are passengers responsible ?

Why would a cyclist be getting on or off a bus?