Initial Non-O Retirement Extension - Health Insurance Advice

2 hours ago, traveller101 said:

I guess it's fair to state that some "laws/police orders" seem to be rather ambiguous and open to Interpretation by the countries Immigration Offices.

Phukets Volunteers are on site every day and work in close cooperation with Immigration.

Wht they state on their website comes straight from the horses mouth or in other words spell out Phukets Commissioner of Immigration Interpretation of the "law/Police order" in question. 

There aren't any volunteers at any immigration office with any knowledge what so ever. They give people wrong info and wrong requirements all the time. 

1 minute ago, Max69xl said:

Why would the info come from western embassies/consulates? People who are interested in visas to Thailand are supposed to visit Thai embassies/consulates websites all over the world. I and also others still think that O-A Visas issued earlier won't need an insurance when entering Thailand October 31 or later.

Umm..because it is western consulates who are issuing the Non O-A visa?

No Thai consulates in my country have added anything about any health insurance requirement to their list of documents you need to produce to get the visa.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

This is not the instructions for IO's at for example Suvarnabhumi when checking O-A Visas for eventual health insurance. 

That is precisely what that is.. 

The question is,  what will the IOs do,  when they see an oa visa which had no notes on it re insurance to consult.  

Do they stamp in for a year or deny.  I do not think,  perhaps beyond a brief transition window,  they will let some folks in,  with an October issued oa Visa,  while denying folks with November issued Visa simply based on notes or no notes. 

15 hours ago, pookondee said:

No Thai consulates in my country have added anything about any health insurance requirement to their list of documents you need to produce to get the visa.

Below is from the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington D.C. and pertains to O-A visas.

oslooskar

Effective from 31 October 2019 , the applicant must be medically insured for the entire period of stay in Thailand with the following coverage:

– Outpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than 40,000 THB, and

– Inpatient benefit with a sum insured of not less than  400,000 THB

The applicants must submit the following:

8.1. Health insurance policy document issued by a Thai or foreign insurance company, stating that the applicant is medically insured for the period and with coverage as mentioned above:

(a) In case of a foreign insurance company, the applicant must submit the original insurance policy document with 2 copies;

(b) In case of a Thai insurance company, the applicant must submit 2 copies of the insurance policy document or, if available, the original insurance policy document with 2 copies. A list of Thai insurance companies participating in the scheme can be found here: http://longstay.tgia.org

8.2. Foreign Insurance Certificate as stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and Health Insurance of Thailand, which must be completed, signed and stamped by the insurance company. The form can be downloaded here: Foreign Insurance Certificate Form

https://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/non-immigrant-visas/non-immigrant-category-oa/

13 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

That is precisely what that is.. 

The question is,  what will the IOs do,  when they see an oa visa which had no notes on it re insurance to consult.  

Do they stamp in for a year or deny.  I do not think,  perhaps beyond a brief transition window,  they will let some folks in,  with an October issued oa Visa,  while denying folks with November issued Visa simply based on notes or no notes. 

You are a little paranoid. No notes, no need for an insurance. How hard can it be? Do you meet the requirements for the O-A Visa? Or any visa based on retirement? If not,why post theories all the time?