Krungsri gets ‘Nimble’ with tech

Krungsri gets ‘Nimble’ with tech

By THE NATION

800_a0134e4af54ea94.jpg

Seiichiro Akita, Krungsri president and chief executive

Krungsri (Bank of Ayudhya) and the companies in the Group today (November 1) unveiled a new subsidiary called Krungsri Nimble, which it describes as an IT solutions hub established to enhance the Group’s financial technology and innovation development, while heightening its competitiveness with a budget of hundreds of millions of baht per year.

The company is set to give the next generation of talent great opportunities to leverage their IT engineering expertise and motivation in making innovative changes and growing along with the company in an innovation-friendly workplace.

Seiichiro Akita, Krungsri president and chief executive, said that the establishment of Krungsri Nimble reflects Krungsri's commitment in financial technology and innovation excellence for the best interests of customers.

“In responding to the current IT disruptive trends, Krungsri Nimble would become a main driving force to advance Krungsri Group's financial technologies and innovations at an unprecedented speed, while comprehensively reinforcing our IT capabilities,” he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/business/30377967

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-11-02

4 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Well I still cannot transfer my money from my account with them anywhere online without going into the bank and providing info over the counter, they did not even know why they were suddenly stopping me tax either. This week even taking money out was a problem, did not understand 27k in Thai or English, their staff training ought to be a priority not more IT PR stories.

Why can't you transfer money on-line? I do all the time. Wife's allowance, pay internet bill, pay for Lazada purchases. Top up phone accounts, switch money between my own accounts. All done on-line with no fuss or bother. It's even easier now with their mobile app, KMA.

I can even pay on-line, locally and internationally with my debit card now.

As for staff training knowledge, I have found some difficulties but in the end it has always come down to language difficulties.

Withholding tax on interest is a standard practice, not just here but worldwide. The banks here have always been deducting it, but it's only recently that, in the interest of transparency it now shows as a separate entry on your statement.

Money abroad was what I meant to say, withholding tax on Krungsri mai teedee accounts only started this year, fixed term account here have always been taxed but not others unless interest over 20k. Now we have to get a tax number to stop them taking the tax off.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:44 AM, Orton Rd said:

Well I still cannot transfer my money from my account with them anywhere online without going into the bank and providing info over the counter, they did not even know why they were suddenly stopping me tax either. This week even taking money out was a problem, did not understand 27k in Thai or English, their staff training ought to be a priority not more IT PR stories.

Really.

I transfer money on-line between my Krungsri accounts all the time; including foreign currency ones. 

My manager always explains tax and prepares the necessary documentation each year ready for my annual tax return filing.

I also use their credit cards. Call center staff for the banking and credit card operations all have English speakers. Select the English option and go through to an English speaking operative. I had an issue with an insurance company slowly refunding some money to my card. The Krungsri call center operative was excellent - kept on top of it and followed it through, calling me to keep me informed.

Maybe I just happen to get all the well trained English speakers!