Applicants For Uk Visa Photo Con

Me and my Mrs went to the UK Visa handling agent this morning with all our paperwork to apply for the settlement visa (wish us luck, we need it) and the first thing they said was that we needed to buy more photographs @ 250 baht, because the ones we had for the application weren't suitable having an aqua blue background.

According to the VAF2 Settlement Form it clearly states the photo should be on an evenly lit and plain light background. It doesn't say anything about it having to be a white background and if that is the case then it should say so. To me aqua blue is light.

This is a flagrant scam: everybody present needed to redo their photographs and at 250 baht a pop somebody is onto a winner.

For those to apply make sure you have a white background 45mm x 35mm.

I know it's only a few quid but after all the hard work and organising to put the application together little things like this really get my goat (to coin a phrase).

If this issue has been raised before I apologise.

Me and my Mrs went to the UK Visa handling agent this morning with all our paperwork to apply for the settlement visa (wish us luck, we need it)

Good Luck Boothy and Mrs Boothy,

Can I ask why you think you need luck?

Or do you just not have any faith in the Visa system, just curious.

Good Luck

Moss

When you get a free moment why don't you , anonymosly , call the Embassy and report this happening to them and ask them who is right.? If its a scam they need to know , or if correct them the form needs amending to be clearer

Atlast: good point well made, I might just do that.

Regarding your comment Moss, I have absolutley no faith whatsoever and if we do get approved I will be very surprised. My lack of faith is indeed dwindling (as if it could) the lad at the Visa Application Centre has just phoned up to ask how much money did we give him? I'm more than bewildered, shouldn't that be their job to record how much money we give them before Mrs Boothy leaves the office, rather than ringing her up 5 hours later and saying 'sorry, how much did you give us again?' If they can't remember how much I gave them how can I be assured all the documentation I slogged over is still in the organised state it was for the Embassy?

I'll be having kittens before Mrs Boothy gives birth. I've just gone mad and kicked some sticky rice. 'This is our and our unborn child's future your playing with!' I feel like screaming! But nobody understands, so the kao niao gets it!

Regarding your comment Moss, I have absolutley no faith whatsoever and if we do get approved I will be very surprised. My lack of faith is indeed dwindling (as if it could) the lad at the Visa Application Centre has just phoned up to ask how much money did we give him? I'm more than bewildered, shouldn't that be their job to record how much money we give them before Mrs Boothy leaves the office, rather than ringing her up 5 hours later and saying 'sorry, how much did you give us again?' If they can't remember how much I gave them how can I be assured all the documentation I slogged over is still in the organised state it was for the Embassy?

Hi Boothy, I have just gone back and read your original post, quite a Hornets Nest regarding Lao Nationals!

Firstly congrats on your forthcoming child, it also appears you are being strong and doing the right thing regarding the relationship, that is my opinion anyway.

As for the application it is not all lost, so keep the faith until you know otherwise, did you read the links GU22 posted and did your Father send the guarantees you requested and get over his technophobia?

7/8 months isn't a great amount of time, but I have heard on here them succeed as long as you have covered all the bases as stated in the links and you appear to have supplied a well documented folder.

No further help really except Good luck, as for the VAC I would like to say I am speechless, but after hearing some other similar stories, I am not!

Good Luck again,

Moss

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. My wife's photos were on a white background and I measured them with a ruler. They met every specification. I even stated that in all the accompanying documentation. She went in alone and they told her they were too small. Had to get another couple fo copies made. A definite scam.

Yeah, the same happened to us as did londonboy. They said the photos were too small but clearly showed my gf, and her original photos were larger than my own UK passport photo. Definately some scamming going on.

And what about the demand draft scam ?

Cash not accepted by the cashier in payment for visa fees.

But the cashier accepts cash for a demand draft she writes out herself and then accepts !

So why not accept cash in the first place ?

Simple ! Because that way they can earn an extra 35 baht from each applicant !

Multiply that by say fifty thousand applicants and how much extra income do they get ?

A tip : buy the draft yourself from a bank ...cost ten baht !