Seed Suppliers

bannork

If this is covered by a previous thread I apologise, last month I bought russi seeds from our local shop in Bandung, Udon and not one blade of glass appeared in spite of repeated watering. Duff seeds, and it's not the first time it's happenend at that shop.

Does anyone have a list of reliable seed suppliers in Thailand?

yours,

bannork.

If this is covered by a previous thread I apologise, last month I bought russi seeds from our local shop in Bandung, Udon and not one blade of glass appeared in spite of repeated watering. Duff seeds, and it's not the first time it's happenend at that shop.

Does anyone have a list of reliable seed suppliers in Thailand?

yours,

bannork.

East WEst Seed co ( has a web site) good quality veggies seeds but don't know about grasses...

Good Luck

Bt

I've just posted this reply to someone in the Issan Forum:

"Soonvijai" (my transliteration from how I hear it in Thai) Khon Kaen. It is the government grass seed raising department. I bought my own each year at Soonvijai Chainat when I raised cattle. They had to buy some of the seeds I prefered from Khon Kaen. I had to order in January and collect (and pay) in June for planting. You can also buy seed, at twice the price, from cattle markets and feed supply shops.

Rgds

Khonwan

PS I used to pay 60 baht per kg - doubt if it has changed that much. I sowed at 3kg per rai.