LINE on two devices?

cheeryble

I have a new android phone, and an iPad mini (and a macbook air)

When the phone guy loaded the phone apps he transferred my LINE from the iPad (nothing on the old phone) to the Android.

I then read that I can have Line on two devices including the iPad using something called LINE LITE

Went back to the shop, he disagreed.

Read further and learned LINE LITE can only be installed on devices with a Sim card.

Is this all right, meaning only one device?

If so I'd like to transfer the LINE app back to the iPad.....a bit crazy as I have to start hotspot internet from the phone to the iPad.......but I find it awful typing on the phone with the size of my hands.

Presume that's do-able?

Or is there a cleverer solution?

Thanks?

Edited by cheeryble

I have a Samsung tablet and a Samsung phone and a desktop. I can use the same LINE account on the tablet and the desktop and on the phone and the desktop. But there seems to be no way to use the same LINE account on the tablet and on the phone. The LINE concept is scrap. I wished my friends would use something like Skype. No problems there. 

• Like 1

Just now, cheeryble said:

Thanks to all but if this will work it would be just fine.

Have you actually done this Don Mega?

No, but is a possible work around for you no sim car issue.

How did you install line on the ipad originally ?

3 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

No, but is a possible work around for you no sim car issue.

How did you install line on the ipad originally ?

Honestly I can't remember but surely it can be done eh?

The only thing i remember is I could not search by phone number which was a slight nuisance.

Who knows why? Perhaps someone here!

Please let me know your experience with LINE LITE. I tried it but it always crashes.

Update:

Just found about LINE LITE this below. So not usable for me anyway. 

However, it doesn’t include support for audio and video calls and has dropped the Timeline feature as well.

Edited by Beggar
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

The only thing i remember is I could not search by phone number which was a slight nuisance.

line website say to install on device with no sim you need to use facebook to verify.

" Note: If you're using a device that can't be verified via text message or the Call Me Instead feature (such as an iPad), please consider verifying your LINE account with Facebook. "

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

Try this

You have line on phone tied into phone numbers

just go to internet on tablet download line app https://line.me/en/

Think thats what i did 

• Like 1

hmmm, either I am completely misunderstanding the issue or....I don't know. Because the answer is very very simple. I have line installed and working on my phone, ipad and macbook and syncs just fine.

1. Register your line account with an E-Mail and pasword ( I assume you need to verify the email too? It's been years since I did it )

2. Download the line app to whichever device you want to use it and use your login info. done.

P.S.: While the QR code function does the job too, I wouldnt do it or at least not a long term solution. It will be annoying to use the qr code regularly to log-in and if you lose your phone your account info isn't recoverable as far as i know.

• Like 1

Whilst much appreciated the solutions suggested in the last few posts seem a bit indefinite.

I just tried to do it the easy way and follow Don Mega's idea in #3

transfer line back to the i-pad and install line light on the android.

I successfully transferred my acct back from Android to iPad.

When I try to download Line Lite to Android I cant seem to do so......it seems to come up with Facebook Lite.

Would someone mind trying a Lite download.

I would say it looked like a file downloaded I cant even find that 

8 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I don't think you can use the app twice (lite or not). I do use the android app and the google chrome extension on my PC: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/line/menkifleemblimdogmoihpfopnplikde?hl=en

This from help.line.me

Using LINE on Multiple Devices

Can I use the same LINE account on multiple devices?toggle
Yes, you can log in to your LINE account on other devices using LINE Lite or the iPad, Windows, or Mac version of LINE.

19 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

This from help.line.me

Using LINE on Multiple Devices

Can I use the same LINE account on multiple devices?toggle
Yes, you can log in to your LINE account on other devices using LINE Lite or the iPad, Windows, or Mac version of LINE.

I tried line lite previously on my old phone. It would delete the account on my other phone same as regular line. It might have changed.

Edited by Tayaout

• 2 months later...
On 11/9/2019 at 6:44 AM, Tayaout said:

I tried line lite previously on my old phone. It would delete the account on my other phone same as regular line. It might have changed.

Always been my experience as well.  But the Line app on my Windows 10 desktop co-exists with the one installed on my Android phone.

When moving to another phone you can back up and restore your chat history, but not between Apple and Android. Unless they've fixed that.