Acronyms & Abbreviations

wgdanson

Why is that such a long word?    LOL

Which brings me to the reason I post this. There so many acronyms both here and online in general, LOL (I use it quite a bit), FWIT....for what it's worth, IM(H)O .....in my (honest)opinion....di you ever meet anyone with a dishonest opinion,  etc etc.

I propose a new one exclusive to TV (Thai Visa!). WALO(F)R...the F is optional...what a load of ( ) rubbish, or for us Brits WALOFB's. 

Edited by metisdead
ALL CAPS removed from topic title.
  • Haha 2

I find "self made" (custom) acronyms and abbreviations very annoying. I saw one recently "Iports" which was presumably a shortened version of "imports". Wow .... one letter saved. It probably took the author longer to abbreviate than to just type in the "m". And it took me longer to read as I had to stop and figure out what "Iports" were.

Sometimes I see other members questioning what the acronym stands for. Certainly a valid question. And certainly a waste of valuable time.

Please, as pointed out by CharlieH, this is not a text forum where abbreviations, acronyms and shortened versions are commonly used.

Just type in the full word please.

CM for Chiang Mai is fine. We all know that one. But custom acronyms that you just created are very annoying.

TEOMR !

(The End Of My Rant)

• Like 1