GOOD Running Shoes store - Chiang Mai

Are there any SERIOUS road runners here that can recommend a good store here in Chiang Mai (preferably a discount outlet) where I can get a decent pair of running shoes for serious running?

I don't know why this is proving to be so hard!  I just moved up to Chiang Mai from Pattaya.  I bought a pair of Asics running shoes from what seemed to be a reputable sports store in a mall in Pattaya for over 4,000 baht.  Now, after only two weeks, the soles have started separating from the shoe!  CHEAP COUNTERFEITS no doubt!

In the USA it's so easy to buy decent (and genuine) running shoes.  Here in Thailand, it's almost like they are either counterfeit or made to to a much lower quality standard, but still priced outrageously.  I don't mind if it's a Thai brand shoes.  I just want a REAL running-type shoe, not an overpriced fashion shoe that looks like it's for running, or some silly blingy shoe...and definitely NO MORE COUNTERFEIT shoes!

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Decathlon, check online first. Much better quality than the prices

I was just checking their website when you posted reply ????  Have you ever bought shoes there?  Prices are certainly low but it seems they only carry their own brand.  No worries if they are decently made.  

1 hour ago, WaveHunter said:

I was just checking their website when you posted reply ????  Have you ever bought shoes there?  Prices are certainly low but it seems they only carry their own brand.  No worries if they are decently made.  

I've bought lots of sports clothes and sandals and all excellent. i bought trainers for 800 baht last week and they as expected are also excellent. They also have 1800 trainers which you may prefer but from my experience this "occasional" "advanced" classification they use is marketing, just pick ones you like at the right price

We like to check out Decathlon when we are in Bangkok and usually find something we like. Their trail runners work better than my North Face shoes at less than half the price. 

My wife and I are not about to give up our top of the line Adidas running shoes, for comfort and durability but cost is not an issue for us. Using our own inserts makes a difference,too. 

1 hour ago, villagefarang said:

My wife and I are not about to give up our top of the line Adidas running shoes, for comfort and durability but cost is not an issue for us. Using our own inserts makes a difference,too. 

I usually buy Adidas, have for many years, the Decathlon ones I've just bought are easily as good as Adidas and definitely better than my recent pair of Adidas from UK but maybe they were just a rogue bad pair. 

Decathlon suit people who aren't too preoccupied by name and make

Just to close, I bought a pair of running shoes at Decathlon today in Chiang Mai.  They fit perfectly, look nice and only cost me 1800 baht...and the sales girl who helped me was very cute and fun to chat with while I was fitted!

Actually, I was impressed by the entire store.  All merchandise seemed to be very high quality, quite a large selection, very organized store layout, and excellent and knowledgeable sales staff...really a first class store with great pricing!

I have to say, I was very surprised at the high quality of these shoes.  They are every bit as good as the outrageously priced big-brand Asics, Nike or Adidas shoes that I've normally purchased in the past.  Time will tell of course, but for now I'm quite pleased.

Truth be told, I think all running shoes are made in Vietnam these days and the big brands are probably made in the very same Vietnamese factories as the ones that Decathlon sells. 

snapshot_ 2019-11-05 at 11.47.22 PM.jpg

Archived