Buckwheat Pillows - Lead And A Question

fognsnow

China City near Khao Sarn road sells a few kinds of buckwheat hull filled pillows for under B100 each. The challenge is finding ones that are new stock (don't smell moldy).

In Canada I was delighted with a Dr. Something-or-other (Japanese) buckwheat pillow. They are great for the tropics. Much cooler and better support than fabric/foam/cloth filled pillows. Plus, should one find a source of refills, 'rechargeable'.

However, I haven't been able to find anyone in Bangkok selling the stuff by the kilo (maybe by the ton). I have some pillow projects in mind, at first personal use, then maybe business. A new age type health resort in Chiang Mai sells them but won't disclose his source, understandably I suppose.

According to my research, the highest quality of buckwheat hulls come from Eastern Europe. I think it's Ukraine. Chinese sources are much cheaper and require quality control so they don't sprout insects!

Anyone found buckwheat pillows or buckwheat hulls, or the grain itself ('kasha' - great to eat)?

• 4 weeks later...

hello, i could possible help you on your search for a buckwheat pillow, our company is a direct manufacture that sells worldwide, we our one of the largest distr. to canada and have been for sometime. we actaully have a company that has been purchasing from CALIFORNIA, that ships over to that direction to a distributor. if you are still interested contact me and we can try to get you some help..

At last week's BIH fair at Muang Thong Thani, these pillows and mattresses were being sold by a Thai company called Good Guy Group Co. Ltd. They are located in Bangkok, and their phone # is listed as 02-747-0364-5. Their website is www.pillow100year.com.

I know nothing about the company, but did pick up one of their brochures.