Work permit on non imm o.

In the process of applying for a wp. Currently have me non imm o visa which is valid till June 2020. Assuming my work permit goes through, my understanding is that I can continue to do visa hops every 3 months hence keeping my visa valid and then, when the visa expires, extend the visa for 1 year using my work permit,  or, go and apply for a new multi entry non o visa at savannakhet for example so as to avoid the need to leave the country immediately if the company or I decide to relinquish the work permit. My understanding may be wrong. Any clarification would be appreciated.

You’re right.

But it would be better to extend your stay based as a spouse/parent than on your work. That way you’re permit to stay is unaffected should you stop work or change jobs.

You can apply for a 1 year stay at the end of any 90 day entry. You don’t need to wait until the visa has expired.

• Thanks 1

Hi,

Im doing like this hope give you some ideas or help you:

I have multi NON-O (thai wife) and im working at the same company for... 4-5 years now. Every 90 days i have to go to any border (no Poei-pet) cross and come back same day.

After 1 year my visa expires (ends) i go to SAVAN. and get a new non-o. and this keep going like this for 4-5 years.

5000 baht for the visa... 2000 for my car fuel, 500-600 food

For the work permit. Im in bangkok. With your non-o WP wont be problem. They dont check dates (at least for mine - maybe lucky for 5 years-) they just check your visa type i think. Because every time when company renews my WP i had like 2 or 3 months left on it. So it means time is not an issue here. All you need is to give your passport and copy of your TM on your passport and copy of your NON-O, copy of wife ID and copy of marriage certificate, i cant remember if the wifes house book or not (copy of it just to play safe), last years tax documents to the person who will go to the WP office. Thats all.

If first time 2 o 3 big size photos. And every time 3100 baht.

PS: you cannot change your NON-O to NON-B or extend your NON-O with your WP. need to get a new NON-o visa again.

Edited by problemfarang
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 3:00 AM, elviajero said:

You’re right.

But it would be better to extend your stay based as a spouse/parent than on your work. That way you’re permit to stay is unaffected should you stop work or change jobs.

You can apply for a 1 year stay at the end of any 90 day entry. You don’t need to wait until the visa has expired.

So basically the wp and non o visa are two completely separate things. Obtaining the wp does not have any effect on my visa. Is this right?