Bang Tao Beach vendors suspect arson as stalls torched

webfact

Bang Tao Beach vendors suspect arson as stalls torched

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1573117803_1-org.jpg

The remains of the fruit stall. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Two women who operate a stalls at Bang Tao Beach – one selling “roti”, the famed flattened Thai Muslim pancake, from a sidecar cart on the beach; the other selling fruit – suspect their stalls were destroyed by fire on purpose.

The women – Srithong Saenkham, 59, and Laila Samran, 60, both Phuket natives – reported the suspected arson to Capt Warawut Saensob at Cherng Talay Police Station yesterday (Nov 6).

The ladies reported that they turned at at the beach on Tuesday morning (Nov 5) to find that Ms Srithong’s fruit stall had been burnt to the ground and that Ms Laila’s roti sidecar, which was close next to Ms Saithong’s fruit stall, had been gutted by fire.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/bang-tao-beach-vendors-suspect-arson-as-stalls-torched-73544.php#LvPTTvcl7rWmLmc5.99 

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-08

Why do people immediately jump to the worst case scenario? Both the tent and the saleng parked next to it would have been pretty flammable. A number of innocent causes could have led to the fire. Stove left on, rogue firework or even kids messing around (it was Mischief Night).

25 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Why do people immediately jump to the worst case scenario? Both the tent and the saleng parked next to it would have been pretty flammable. A number of innocent causes could have led to the fire. Stove left on, rogue firework or even kids messing around (it was Mischief Night).

The chain securing the gas bottle was cut and the bottle taken.

5 hours ago, jaiyen said:

Its highly likely they were selling there illegally. Remember all the trouble they had for many years at Surin beach ? 

What a lovely stretch of beach... 

I'll just setup my stuff here and make some tax-free, rent-free income!

Obviously arson is not ok though.

On 11/8/2019 at 1:49 PM, YTP said:

What a lovely stretch of beach... 

I'll just setup my stuff here and make some tax-free, rent-free income!

Obviously arson is not ok though.

I very much doubt they set up a stall without having to pay someone.

Or maybe they tried to get away without paying special tax?

Archived