Another Visa Question,

Good news i will be leaving blighty to start a new life in Thailand, maybe in about 9 months time, as lot of legal issues to sort out, My thai wife and i have sold our Business today for half a mil, we have everything set up in Thailand, car, house, land etc, one problem, i just want to know what visa should i apply for, is it the 3 months one, then renewable to a 12 months marriage visa ?, then got to show 40,000 baht coming into a thai account, i have a thai account which has quite a bit in, will this do, if not will the 40,000 baht have to come from my country, UK, and do the embassy have to give you a letter for immigration.

Also does the 40,000 baht have to be paid into an account every month for 12 months,

I have one problem i am only 42, so cannot get retirement visa.

Replies please, just to put my brain at rest,

Thanks Guys................... :o

You apply for a multiple entry non Imm O type visa ( reason to visit family) in UK which will give you time to set up the proof of income of B40,000 per month. When you can prove that the income is coming in for 3 consecutive months which will probably be during the second entry of 90days of your Non Imm visa. A month before that entry expires you can apply for a visa extention for 1 year at immigration within Thailand. Having a fat bank balance no longer counts towards applying for an extension.

The B40,000 can be income from anywhere and it is family income so can be money from your wife, yourself or joint. If it is income from Thailand it will have to be legal with evidence of tax paid etc.

Also does the 40,000 baht have to be paid into an account every month for 12 months,

No, the Immigration office does not want to see evidence of 40k Baht coming into your account every month, only evidence of average 40k monthly family income. This can be your income, your wife’s income, or a combination of both.

If the income is earned abroad, Immigration wants to see a certified letter from your embassy. If the income is earned in Thailand, evidence of income tax payment for the past three months are needed.

--

Maestro