U.S. Required Form 7162.... Anybody having Issues??

davidstipek

Those Americans who are retired having to fill out for SSI their form 7162. Anybody having issues/ How are you getting it delivered to you? Snail Mail I am told by SSI Officer in Philippines, who is in charge with handling all SSI issues in S.E. Asia. I am told we are mailed form in February a reminder in October and if they have no response by end of December, the following year your Benefit Checks will STOP!

I know by experience on this. Thus after spending 3 weeks in dialog have agreed to post this reminder on Thai Visa. If you can afford to go 3-5 weeks without checks or Deposit's showing up in your Thai Bank Account... Go ahead and not listen or pay attention here. I have so it not bother me... but it did my Wife (Thai Wife... you understand?) I am trying to get Philippine SSI Office to submit a Paper reduction request and do everything online. Set up a Webpage and all US Citizens outside US Borders and Territories get a password and submit here. As of now they will not Accept an Electronic Signature (Even though those of us who are using Win10 - It will prove our IP address, Physical Address any proof we are still alive even attach Finger Print Scans, they still refuse) Going this route would save thousands of man hrs @ $15 - $24+ an hour down to 3 or 4 dedicated computers... If Donald finds out how to save here and what Democrat's are wasting our Tax Dollars... Zing!

All joking aside if October comes and you still do not have form in hand... send me a PM (My name on either Messenger or Face Book. I have Blank ones I can email out copies

But yet people complain about 90 Day Reports... TM30's etc They have no clue...

David

Those Americans who are retired having to fill out for SSI their form 7162. Anybody having issues/ How are you getting it delivered to you? Snail Mail I am told by SSI Officer in Philippines, who is in charge with handling all SSI issues in S.E. Asia. I am told we are mailed form in February a reminder in October and if they have no response by end of December, the following year your Benefit Checks will STOP!

- 1st mailing is May/June with a request to return with 60 days.

- If SSA does not get a response from you, then the 2nd mailing occurs in Sep/Oct with a request to return within 45 days.

-  If SSA does not receive a reply from you, in Jan they will send you a notice that payments will be suspended effective the 3 Feb payment.

See instruction at below SSA webpage.

https://secure.ssa.gov/poms.nsf/lnx/0302655010

Archived