non o imm to visit thai wife multi w 90 day report

hi guys   this is my goal please correct me on anything

non o imm to visit thai wife multi  w 90 day report is my  goal 

all docs are done

i am using los angeles usa / thai consulate

age over 60  new passport ... long list of tv on last ppt

fyi they had a specific request that i have not seen .. they want a letter from wife stating she wants me to visit .. this is not on the official form list .. i found it in another page txt file enclosed

chiangmai will be my imm

i do not want to border run it - 90 day is aok  any special instructions to do this ?

multi entry ..   any specific problem when i reenter ?

NO insurance

it looks like they want 4 photos of me ..

i sent two files  the text was a copy paste with new info and the latest O requirments in the pdf

thanks for everything  IFMU

Non immigration Visa Category O Thai Los Angeles.pdf visa info to do.txt

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

I don’t have a clue what you are asking about. Might be an idea to just ask simple questions.

thanks for the try  ... i have no way to edit this and other than run on sentences i would only add comments  ..so here they are

i am applying for a non O immigrant visa multi entry and i want to do the 90 day reports and not the visa runs  (this is the title)

other post that i have read on this site is ... request to give the visa name, my age, my nationality, and blank ppt  (this is the first paragraph)

i have all the other documents finished

when i do re entry will i have any special forms or requirements to do

i have no insurance requirements 

reading the consulate instructions i will need 4 photos not 2

i sent the files for anyone that wanted to read the actual webpage of the LA thai consulate

along with this ..

the txt file had the xtra requirement of letter from wife

1 hour ago, ifmu said:

thanks for the try  ... i have no way to edit this and other than run on sentences i would only add comments  ..so here they are

i am applying for a non O immigrant visa multi entry and i want to do the 90 day reports and not the visa runs  (this is the title)

You can’t do that. At the end of 90 days you need to;

extend your stay — one tine — for 60 days;

OR extend your stay for 1 year (you would need 400K in the bank of an income of 40K transferred to a Thai bank);

OR leave the country.

At the end of 90 days you can leave and immediately return at most borders and will get a new 90 day stay.

How long are you planning on staying in the country, in total, during this visit?

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i am after the one year visit family visa

not retirement

have a look see

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” Those who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family) or wish to do volunteering work with the state enterprises or social welfare organizations in Thailand (Volunteering)

nope i see one year   O  visa  here is a cut paste of the section and the complete section is in the download

• Multiple entries: 200 USD

SNIP SNIP

Period of stay: not exceeding 90 days.

*** Warning of overstay *** (please click)

Validity of a visa:

• Single entry: 3 months
    • Multiple entries: 1 year    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 minutes ago, ifmu said:

i am after the one year visit family visa

not retirement

have a look see

Non-Immigrant Visa Category “O” Those who wish to stay with family in Thailand (Thai Family) or wish to do volunteering work with the state enterprises or social welfare organizations in Thailand (Volunteering)

nope i see one year   O  visa  here is a cut paste of the section and the complete section is in the download

• Multiple entries: 200 USD

SNIP SNIP

Period of stay: not exceeding 90 days.

*** Warning of overstay *** (please click)

Validity of a visa:

• Single entry: 3 months
    • Multiple entries: 1 year    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You can use a Multiple Entry Non O visa to enter the country as many times as you want for 1 year, BUT you can only stay 90 days every time you enter. After 90 days you must leave or apply to extend your stay.

If you get a ME O Visa you will need to leave every 90 days, OR you could just get a Single Entry Non O and apply for a 1 year extension of stay - with proof of finances - once in the country.

Alternatively with a ME Non O you could apply for a 60 day extension at the end of each 90 days and only do border runs every 150 days.

If you are planning to move to Thailand full time your best option is a SE Non O and a 1 year extension of stay (with 90 day reports); which can be renewed every year.

Everything needed is on this page of their website. https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/visa-type/non-immigration-visa-category-o/

It looks like 2 and 3 are more or less duplicates of each other when they mention the photos. You only need 2 photos for the application form.

Your wife just needs to write a short simple letter requesting they issue you a visa.

Nothing needed for entry to the country other than your passport and a TM6 arrival card.

A multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 days entries for one year from the date of issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ifmu said:

reading other posts i saw either 90 day reporting or leave and reentry .. i do not know what post that was  ..  let me research this .. and i found the edit button dammit

thanks ifmu

There is no 90 day reporting with that Visa.

Leave the country every 90 days or apply for an extension.

• Like 1

I think you are getting confused from reading too many reports on here...

A Non Imm o multi entry requires you to leave every 90 days or extend for another 60 days then leave, or (as stated above) extend for a year in the last 30 days of a 90 day stay. 

There is no option to "report" every 90 days instead of leaving the country. 

90 day reporting is done when you are on a 1 yr extension of a permission to stay stamp.

So just get a single entry Non Imm O visa, make sure you have 400k baht in a Thai bank for a couple months and then apply for an extension after 60 days of your initial entry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

If you get a ME O Visa you will need to leave every 90 days, OR you could just get a Single Entry Non O and apply for a 1 year extension of stay - with proof of finances - once in the country.

I thought that you could apply for one year extension after EACH 90 days on a multi entry non imm O-VISA?? I didn´t know that I have to get another VISA, a single entry non O, in order to be able to apply for that yearly extension.

Just curious to know what is correct??

glegolo

3 minutes ago, glegolo said:

I thought that you could apply for one year extension after EACH 90 days on a multi entry non imm O-VISA?? I didn´t know that I have to get another VISA, a single entry non O, in order to be able to apply for that yearly extension.

The extension can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa.

He did mean you have to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for an extension. He was just stating that it is an option.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The extension can be applied for during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from a multiple entry visa.

He did mean you have to get a single entry non-o visa to apply for an extension. He was just stating that it is an option.

Great, thank you for explaining the woirding in that post. Appreciate it.

glegolo

6 hours ago, glegolo said:

Just curious to know what is correct??

glegolo

Your correct, but a ME visa Is unnecessary and a waste of money if you’re planning to apply for a 1 year stay during the first entry.

Just now, elviajero said:

Your correct, but a ME visa Is unnecessary and a waste of money if you’re planning to apply for a 1 year stay during the first entry.

Yeah sure, just wanting to clean up your statement so people understand correctly...

glegolo

On 11/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, elviajero said:

You can’t do that. At the end of 90 days you need to;

extend your stay — one tine — for 60 days;

OR extend your stay for 1 year (you would need 400K in the bank of an income of 40K transferred to a Thai bank);

OR leave the country.

At the end of 90 days you can leave and immediately return at most borders and will get a new 90 day stay.

How long are you planning on staying in the country, in total, during this visit?

Hi thanks ..i wanted. 1 year without visa runs oh well... Now I will do 9visa runs. Non O immigrant