Suit in Pattaya.

fredob43

Hopefully someone can tell me where to get a good Suit made there. I know there are many shops selling/making same but it'll be hit and miss for me. Not worried about price, it's for Daughters UK wedding. So any recommendations would be most helpful. Thank you in advance.

My lawyer and nightclub owner buddies from the US shop exclusively at Michelle when they come over. It's next door to the TQ on Beach Road between Soi's 12 and 13. That's six guys that wear suits for business that have been repeat customers for the best part of maybe 14 years. Pretty sure a one-off for a UK wedding will be fine as well.

michelle.jpg.a1cc664ddb3353f9e5129734f368b0da.jpg

Why not just wait to get to the UK and pick one up off the rack? That way no need to carry it back with you nor worry about it fitting right. It would be cheaper to buy it back in the UK and you'll save some time and worry.

Congrats on your daughters wedding. I'll bet that'll cost you a bit more than the suit will. ???? 

21 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Why not just wait to get to the UK and pick one up off the rack? That way no need to carry it back with you nor worry about it fitting right. It would be cheaper to buy it back in the UK and you'll save some time and worry.

Congrats on your daughters wedding. I'll bet that'll cost you a bit more than the suit will. ???? 

Are off the rack stretch fabric? seriously why would anyone go on the rack vs custom?? that's crazy talk and no way will it be cheaper unless its polyester 

20 minutes ago, madmen said:

Are off the rack stretch fabric? seriously why would anyone go on the rack vs custom?? that's crazy talk and no way will it be cheaper unless its polyester 

There are many department stores that have wool blended suits on the rack that you can try on immediately and find a perfect fit rather than "hoping" the tailor for your "custom" suit gets it right the first time. When you ask "Are off the rack stretch fabric?" I question why you even posted this msg since you don't have a clue as to what you can get off the rack these days (just like last year and the year before and the year before....).

5 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

There are many department stores that have wool blended suits on the rack that you can try on immediately and find a perfect fit rather than "hoping" the tailor for your "custom" suit gets it right the first time. When you ask "Are off the rack stretch fabric?" I question why you even posted this msg since you don't have a clue as to what you can get off the rack these days (just like last year and the year before and the year before....).

Relax big boy the stretch comment was sarcasm / humor beer gut and...oh never mind

It definitely depends on your size.

IMO - decent rack suits are better, but you have to be a 'normal size'

If you are (for want of a better phrase) a bit of a bloater etc... a tailored suit may suit you sir.

Cost is also a factor, a decent Next Suit for a 'normally' shapped guy will look fine. 

IMO - Paul Smith Suits are the best (off the rack) but they cost.

A tailored suit will be nowhere near the standard of a Paul Smith suit, but it may work for you and your shape / budget, or, if as you said, budget is not an option - look at the high end suits (Givenchi, Hugo Boss, Paul Smith etc), you'll pay through the nose, it'll be a 'rack suit' cut to length - but it will be better than a tailored option and you'll know the finish and quality before you commit. 

I've had 3 tailored suits and 3 high end rack suits - the high end rack suits were far better, far far better, incomparable (the tailored suits were from well known and recommended Tailors in Bangkok)

All that said, now that I'm older, a little fatter and basically don't really care what I look like the suit for my next suit (for up coming weddings of friends etc) may well be a tailored suit - if I can be bothered with the 3-4 fittings a half decent suit requires (but that's only because I won't be in the UK to get a rack suit within the next 6 months).... Or I'll diet, drop 10kgs and look good in the PS suit again !!! (unlikely - although I did wear the PS Jacket only to a more casual wedding recently). 

16 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:
2 hours ago, madmen said:

Relax big boy the stretch comment was sarcasm / humor beer gut and...oh never mind

"Relax big boy the stretch comment was sarcasm / humor".....

Normally humor includes some conception of being funny. Remember that.

I predict a 'chill big boy' comment coming soon....  

Perhaps with a dash of humor or at least some concept of being funny... if its remembered ????

It sounds like you don't have the need to wear suits too often.

Depending on your age and health, you might think about this purchase as double duty and treat it as a "layaway" suit.

My father, at about the age I am now, always had a "layaway" suit in his closet.

Just joking! (but the father comment is true)

May the best dressed man on the occasion have a great wedding.

Thank you for your comments. For all's information. I live here full time (Not Pattaya) But I shall be going there soon to see friends.

As there are several? more places there against the 1/2 where I live I thought it might be a good idea to get one sorted there.

Regards getting one in the UK. I shall be there less than 6 days. Arrive late Thursday evening wedding Saturday, time doesn't permit. So I'm back to getting one made here. (And I'm not a bit Overweight)

Thank you N/L for your suggestion I will be in Patts this Saturday to see friends that are on holiday, I'll give Michelle a look see. Won't purchase anything this time as I'll only be there for 2 nights. 2 nights to long for me, but no one said life would be easy.

13 hours ago, madmen said:

I travelled to the UK for my daughter's wedding last year. Hired a suit from Moss Bross. After a couple of fittings got the perfect fit. Cheaper and easier than buying a suit here and trailing it all the way there and back again.

If you get a suit in Pattaya, bear in mind that none of the Indian shops here actually make suits. They will do a fitting and order it from one of several Thai workshops behind Tukcom. Usually end up badly fitted and a rip off.

Have a wander round behind Tukcom. Choose your material from one shop and take it to one of the workshops for making up. They will take your measurements and provide a suit much more suited to your needs....and at half the costs.

3 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

I travelled to the UK for my daughter's wedding last year. Hired a suit from Moss Bross. After a couple of fittings got the perfect fit. Cheaper and easier than buying a suit here and trailing it all the way there and back again.

If you get a suit in Pattaya, bear in mind that none of the Indian shops here actually make suits. They will do a fitting and order it from one of several Thai workshops behind Tukcom. Usually end up badly fitted and a rip off.

Have a wander round behind Tukcom. Choose your material from one shop and take it to one of the workshops for making up. They will take your measurements and provide a suit much more suited to your needs....and at half the costs.

Thanks for your advice but you didn't read my post I shall be in the UK 1 full Day before the wedding. How the Buddha am I going to get to Moss Bross and get one fitted I shall be on my way up north from London to Leister on that day. Besides that last time I hired one from them (several years ago) for a dinner and dance it fitted where it touched.

Sorry but as I don't live in Pattaya, I haven't a clue where Tukcom is, some directions would be good here. I do know Patts quite well so a general guidance would be good enough. Thanks for any input.

7 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Thanks for your advice but you didn't read my post I shall be in the UK 1 full Day before the wedding. How the Buddha am I going to get to Moss Bross and get one fitted I shall be on my way up north from London to Leister on that day. Besides that last time I hired one from them (several years ago) for a dinner and dance it fitted where it touched.

Sorry but as I don't live in Pattaya, I haven't a clue where Tukcom is, some directions would be good here. I do know Patts quite well so a general guidance would be good enough. Thanks for any input.

Tukcom is on Pattaya Tai, opposite the big temple and near Walking Street. A very large electronics mall. The streets behind it have several tailors and shops selling suit materal. Cheaper better and probably quicker than going to an Indian "tailor".

Sorry, missed the bit about being in the UK for one day. It did take me a couple of visits to Moss Bross before they found a suit to fit me.

19 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Tukcom is on Pattaya Tai, opposite the big temple and near Walking Street. A very large electronics mall. The streets behind it have several tailors and shops selling suit materal. Cheaper better and probably quicker than going to an Indian "tailor".

Sorry, missed the bit about being in the UK for one day. It did take me a couple of visits to Moss Bross before they found a suit to fit me.

Thank you for your swift reply. Yes I know where you mean. Am assuming that's the Watt/temple on the left just passed the corner after second road coming from W/Street? I'm in Patts this Saturday afternoon I'll have a quick look on the Sunday, prior to leaving first thing Monday. I shall be back in January for 5/6 days on a fishing trip with the lads so I can get one sorted with a bit of luck then. As the wedding isn't till late next year I have lots of time.

20 hours ago, NanLaew said:

My lawyer and nightclub owner buddies from the US shop exclusively at Michelle when they come over.

A mate from Hamburg (a "strong" guy) swears on them.

Every year he had some stuff done there.

I once accompanied him to the shop.

(now has new German girl friend and lost for Pattaya :biggrin:)

When it comes to the fitting sessions, the staff at Michelle were able to fit multiple suit fittings around my mates varying, busy schedules including coming to the hotel instead of my mates going to the shop on a bad traffic weekend. Another session was once easily accommodated during a birthday party at the TQ next door. It only takes a short time after all.

Archived