Norwegian air company to end all flights from Scandinavia to Thailand

Trollmann

No more flights to Thailand from the very popular low fare air company Norwegian. Flights from Copenhagen and Stockholm ends 29 mars 2020 and flights from Oslo will end a few months later. 

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=no&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fe24.no%2Fboers-og-finans%2Fi%2FRRnOEr%2Fnorwegian-tar-nye-grep-legger-ned-alle-langdistanserutene-i-stockholm-og-koebenhavn

36 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

There is quite a large  wealthy, educated and in some cases elderly Norwegian community in Pattaya. I wonder what steps the authorities will take to destroy it?

Same goes for Hua Hin. The army goons will not destroy it. They will simply continue to lower the quality of life for the average Thai and ex-pat both. That is what they do. Incompetence, greed, and lack of expertise has its price. 

According to an article from July, The Royal Thai Embassy in Denmark issued

(Drum Roll)

31 Multiple Entry Tourist Visas from January to June this year.

Remember? That visa they invented to "promote tourism". ????

Yes, I know, they come on visa exempt.

I also expect the number of non O-A's issued worldwide after October 31st, to be close to zero.

Norwegian is the second low-cost carrier to stop service after Eurowings (actually EW was rebranded as LH, prices doubled for the same service).

Norwegian has massive problems and is up for sale.

Low-cost long haul is not easy.  Air Asia X didn't work very well,  either. 

It sure didn't help that less and less Europeans come to Thailand, especially Scandinavians and young people (who are more cost- conscious).

Archived