Charity worker left on crutches after motorcyclist hits him on the sidewalk

webfact

Charity worker left on crutches after motorcyclist hits him on the sidewalk

4pm.jpg

The issue of motorcyclists riding on the footpaths is in the news once again, reported Daily News. 

Despite increases in fines from 1,000 baht to 2,000 baht - and the promise that motorcycle taxis will lose their jackets for three years for infractions - motorcycles are still riding on the sidewalks of the capital. 

In the latest case a well known rescue worker who works for charitable causes was left on crutches after being hit. 

Puramet Misomphop had just donated a wheelchair to a disabled person before he ended up in one himself. 

He had gone to eat in the Rama 8 area then been hit while walking out of the restaurant. 

The motorcyclist - a middle aged man - stopped momentarily to apologize then sped off. 

Puramet thought it was very minor at first but by evening he was in great pain and next day he went to the hospital where a doctor said he had a hairline fracture of his left ankle. 

He would need to have a cast and be on crutches for about a week. 

Replying to friends on his Facebook page he said that he would be putting his charitable work on hold for a while. 

He said he had not reported the matter as he didn't need to make trouble for anyone - in fact he even blamed himself somewhat for the accident. 

But he warned people to be careful of motorcyclists when walking in Bangkok. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-28
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, samsensam said:

a woman cycling on the footpath hit me the other day, as she had momentum she careered off and hit a concrete pole, i was fine. karma.

i looked round to check she was ok, she glared at me as if it was my fault.

She didn’t check to see if you were OK, so why care about her? If she were dead, she wouldn’t be injuring people any more (although you luckily weren’t). 

I hope she cracked the pole!

*If the woman is Thai and you’re a farang, of course it’s 100% your fault! 

That’s T.I.T. 101.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, anexpat said:

*If the woman is Thai and you’re a farang, of course it’s 100% your fault! 

That’s T.I.T. 101.

Do you really believe that twaddle ???? the Farang is always at fault?...

I thought with the diminishing number of Soi-6 barstool experts these dumb myths were being put to bed... 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Thian said:

It's time that somebody in Thailand orders the police to do their job or find another one. The time for bs is over now.

I absolutely agree.

Until it stops me doing whatever it is I want to do!

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

and a cop on a bike nearly hit me as he overtook the bus on the inside. I waved my arms in protest to his stupid and reckless behaviour. He turned around and drove the wrong way against traffic so he could give me the stink eye. Oh, yea. He wasn't wearing a helmet either.

good to call him out on it, especially with a bus full of witnesses Image result for i want you 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It's a great job, isn't it. Do nothing and still get paid. My brother-in-law is a policeman and I asked my wife what he actually does. She had no idea.

Still, I wouldn't get out of bed in the morning for what they make.  And they have to buy their own equipment (their guns, for sure... maybe even their uniform?).  Sooner or later Thailand is going to have to pay their public servants enough to survive without resorting to bribes and extortion.  Until then, their priorities lie in supporting their families, not protecting and serving. 

And, of course, those funds will have to come from somewhere.  Since we all know the Hi So aren't going to part with any of their ill gotten funds, that means squeezing the masses.  Who have their own problems making ends meet.

It's a complicated problem...

Edited by impulse