Renewal of extension of stay (non-o visa retirement) at Hua Hin

Yesterday I did my yearly trek to Hua Hin, 2.30 hour drive, to do this renewal. A painless procedure even if the ticketing procedure is a bit crazy!

Arrived just after 08.00 and was #3 in the queue. Doors opened at 0830 and we all go in to get our ticket from the girl who checks the papers so she knows which ticket to give out. I was #2 in the renewal queue and sure enough the first couple were called to the counter (out of 6) where one lady was working. After they were done, so to speak, the next number called was for a 90 day report. Then another lady starts work and sure enough even more 90 day reports were done even though they all arrived well after myself. Then next couple for renewal were called then other 90 days and eventually an hour later I get called up.

I do the 800k in the bank process so needed photocopies of passbook. The day before I had updated the passbook, so I thought, and got the letter from Bangkok Bank. On checking the book when at a shop for photocopying, I noticed 2 months of transactions were missing! Back to the bank to find out, this has not happened in previous years, that you have to update monthly to get all transactions especially any done on Internet Banking. So had to get a statement going back for 2 to 3 months to compensate.

All other documents as per normal, photocopies of all pages of passport, TM6, Tabian Baan and printed Google map marking the location of our house.

Another thing that happened for the first time this year is that on 24th October, we went to do the 90 day report at Dan Singkorn. No problem but he crossed out the next date, 21st Jan, and wrote in 21st Dec which is when my Extension expires. So whilst at Hua Hin, a very helpful IO, who knows the travelling involved, kindly did a new 90 day so I do not have to worry until Feb.

There was no mention of Bank Passbook checks at 90 days or any other worries. 

So all in all I really cannot complain too much as we are very lucky to have this friendly office to work with and I was out just after 10.00.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, worrab said:

There was no mention of Bank Passbook checks at 90 days or any other worries.

Seems only "selected" offices ask for that.

In Sep in Khon Kaen also no word about it.

Do really need to update book monthly?
Surprising.

55 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

Why not do your 90-day reports on-line? 

Works fine, and it saves you the quarterly trips to your local IO.

Many offices also accept postal mail (sending copies).

Don't know about Hua Hin.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Why not do your 90-day reports on-line? 

Works fine, and it saves you the quarterly trips to your local IO.

I agree with what you are saying. Luckily we can use Dan Singkorn which is only an hour away. Then we go to the Border Market for a little shopping then to Prachuap for a bite to eat. Makes it a pleasant day out. But if I had to go to Hua Hin then I would be doing them online.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Seems only "selected" offices ask for that.

In Sep in Khon Kaen also no word about it.

Do really need to update book monthly?
Surprising.

If you have frequent transfers and dont update your bank on regular basis, but when updating it, you won't be able to see every single transfer, but instead they combine the transfers, and they show up as CMB = Combined No-Book Transfer in the bank book. It happened to me in February-March this year. One transfer showed up as 12k more than the real amount and next showed up as 12k less. This is how Bangkok Bank does it,I have no idea about other banks. So, it's important to update the book every month, twice a month is even better,to be on the safe side if the transfered amount is supposed to be >65k monthly and show up as FTT.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

If you have frequent transfers and dont update your bank on regular basis, but when updating it, you won't be able to see every single transfer

It is not only transfers as I said before. It also includes any transactions done through internet banking. This theoretically means that in the "gap" you could have dropped below the required threshold. That could mean a refusal of extension of stay as you would have no proof otherwise. Hence the reason I got a statement from the bank to show this, for me, 2 month "gap". 

2 hours ago, worrab said:

It is not only transfers as I said before. It also includes any transactions done through internet banking. This theoretically means that in the "gap" you could have dropped below the required threshold. That could mean a refusal of extension of stay as you would have no proof otherwise. Hence the reason I got a statement from the bank to show this, for me, 2 month "gap". 

I use the 65k transfer method without lump sum.  I was told updating the book monthly was not an issue as the letter from the bank obtained prior to the extension renewal would confirm the monthly foreign transfers.  Is this true?

2 hours ago, Tounge Thaied said:

Only O-A and O-X Visas require health insurance. Non-Immigrant O extensions currently do not require health insurance. 

You got me wrong a little. This post is about renewal of extension of O-A and the OP didn't mention anything about insurance. Correct or what?

if, but my bank is 200 meters from my home.
and why deprive me of seeing the world and chat with them.
Bah! it will always be time to spend all my "hobbies" on the web.
In addition, when extending my stay, OA, I have to justify 800 000 B, by a letter from my bank, a statement and the original bank book.

17 hours ago, uksmdh said:

I use the 65k transfer method without lump sum.  I was told updating the book monthly was not an issue as the letter from the bank obtained prior to the extension renewal would confirm the monthly foreign transfers.  Is this true?

I believe you would need either a bank book or statement to prove this. The letter alone would not prove anything. The IO needs to see the amount going in every month. If I am wrong, I stand to be corrected.  

8 hours ago, farangchuma said:

Can't you check in online app and SMS messages? I never update my bank book. It is as new as the one I opened on my first day. 

So how do you do your Extension of Stay then if you do not use a bank book?