Can Someone Recommend A Regular Taxi Service.

MartinBKK

Im looking for a regular taxi service to take my TGF to and from work (Sukhumvit to Sri Nakarin area) Monday thru Friday.

Rather than getting a metered taxi everyday i was hoping to come to some sort of arrangement with someone. Does anyone else do a similar thing?

I would be grateful for any help at all.

Many thanks.

Unless you are gonna pay a HUGE price ... you'll want to find a local taxi driver at each starting point. When I was living out near Seacon and going to Asoke every day I had a taxi driver from my soi take me every morning to Onnut BTS. (since I didn't always go str8 home I just arranged one way ... but could always get a taxi at Lotus Onnut to get home)

Unless you are gonna pay a HUGE price ... you'll want to find a local taxi driver at each starting point. When I was living out near Seacon and going to Asoke every day I had a taxi driver from my soi take me every morning to Onnut BTS. (since I didn't always go str8 home I just arranged one way ... but could always get a taxi at Lotus Onnut to get home)

You'd probably have to just pick up one taxi meter after another and ask for them to do that. I'm sure at least one of them will agree to do so.

Thanks for the responses.

Ajarnmark im sure she can manage to do it by herself but i like to help out with things seeing i have a lot more free time than she does. I am sure this is not an uncommon problem as there must be many Thaivisa users who take a taxi to work every morning so perhaps this thread might also benefit others.

I thought by having a regular driver i would be able to save some cash as he would be glad of the regular work and might offer a discount on the meter. I also find that recently, whenever i hail a taxi almost 75% do not want to travel to my destination. For example, yesterday i finished my shopping at Carrefour in Rama 4 and it took me around 20 mins to find a taxi that was willing to take me back to Sukhumvit Soi 11. Nobody in the rank was interested so i had to carry my heavy shopping to the main road.

I dont want my TGF to have this inconvenience every day. I want someone reliable to come to my condo every morning on time and take her to the destination with no fuss. I guess i will try andyashley's suggestion of hailing them down initially then asking them if they wish to come to a regular arrangement.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You'd probably have to just pick up one taxi meter after another and ask for them to do that. I'm sure at least one of them will agree to do so.

How could they possibly keep that agreement unless they agree to start and end their days when somebody's girlfriend does?

How do they know where they will be at that time? Who would turn away a 1500B fare to Pattaya for city peanuts drive that is due in 2-3 hours?

How do they know, if they get stuck in trafiic that se won't hail another taxi and go?

A taxi company, as a whole, might, they are able to provide a car and a driver from hundreds that thay have in the streets at any time. Smells like a prepaid arrangement is due here.

I agree. You should make an arrangement with the taxi company rather than an individual taxi.

You'd be more likely to find someone if you needed them a few hours a day. One taxi will not consistently be available to take you a short distance, twice a day.