Bank Book Catch Up

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

When using the >65k monthly method you really need to update your bank book frequently to be able to see every deposit. 

Not really. In Hua Hin immigration just want a 12 month bank statement issued by the Thai bank showing 12 transfers from overseas. I do check my account online every month but don't bother to download the transaction record. 

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You are aware that program was discontinued a decade ago?  I also preferred it but times have changed.

I'm still using it, it works, what are you trying to say? I use Windows 10 but I understand millions still use 7 without problem (a lot stranger to use an archaic OS then an old accounts package that does what it says on the tin). I also still use Office 10 and it's fine. I must be a fossil. The only thing I'm obsessive about is an updated virus protection application, and standalone anti-malware software and driver update programs. 

21 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

Not really. In Hua Hin immigration just want a 12 month bank statement issued by the Thai bank showing 12 transfers from overseas. I do check my account online every month but don't bother to download the transaction record. 

Most of the immigration offices requires copies of the bank book showing deposits and the bank code + bank letters. 

34 minutes ago, Speedhump said:

I'm still using it, it works, what are you trying to say? I use Windows 10 but I understand millions still use 7 without problem (a lot stranger to use an archaic OS then an old accounts package that does what it says on the tin). I also still use Office 10 and it's fine. I must be a fossil. The only thing I'm obsessive about is an updated virus protection application, and standalone anti-malware software and driver update programs. 

That can not easily adjust display size to fit current computer hi resolution screens (actually large enough to read) was a killer for me even before it died.  Without development it could also be a security issue.

21 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Most of the immigration offices requires copies of the bank book showing deposits and the bank code + bank letters. 

Believe they will all accept official bank statements - passbooks are not even used for some accounts anymore.

42 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

That can't be correct. There will be many immigrants who don't have all the remittances shown in their bank book. What happens to them? 

41 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That can not easily adjust display size to fit current computer hi resolution screens (actually large enough to read) was a killer for me even before it died.  Without development it could also be a security issue.

Not so. My  laptop is around 5-6 years old but I bought expensive, Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro ultrabook, even with SSD. Still runs like an absolute dream, except since I spilled a glass of water on it last month. A few typos right now but I don't want to hairdryer it.

I run at 3200 x 1800 on a (I think) 13"screen and both programs look as they should. A few progs (eg Photoshop) suffer with tiny icons unless I adjust. You clearly don't have the experience of using Money 2004 and Office 10 on a high res desktop. I do. 

And I'm quite happy with my security arrangements. Any docs received from the internet open by default in (free) WPS Office Suite anyway. 

1 hour ago, Speedhump said:

That's my understanding. IOs will look for bank statements that show remittances from overseas. 

Every standard savings account and fixed deposit accounts have bank books. If you come from the UK,US or Australia and have no income letter you need statements from your bank showing foreign transfers and at many immigration offices they also want copies from the bank book. If you're using the 800k in the bank method for extensions then every immigration office wants copies from the bank book 2 months prior to the application + a bank letter. If you have no bank book,try to explain that to Immigration. The requirements for copies of the bank book have existed for many years. 

On 11/30/2019 at 7:34 PM, Speedhump said:

I'm still using Money 2005 on Windows 10 and have found an Excel add-in that converts my Bangkok bank csv exports to MSMoney format. There is an online forum that supports the diehards too. One of the ex Microsoft programmers has written software that can update share prices in MS Money too. Long live this application unloved by Microsoft...