Observations of a NON Gold-Bug.

As said, I do not consider myself as a "Gold-Bug". But I try to stay up to date as far as the "markets" are concerned.
- According to available statistics, private investors and commodity-funds have found themselves rather on the "sellers-side". In contrast to Central-Banks, them accumulating Gold massively. Especially the Chinese Central-Bank. Even if those figures may be somewhat inflated, the amount of Gold that the Central-Banks have accumulated remains "massive".
Clearly, both sides can not be "right". But I like to think that the Central-Banks have a "information-advantage" over private-investors and the "run of the mill" commodity-fund managers.

It tells me something!

(In a nutshell: I rather believe my old ugly Doctor than his pretty young assistant).
Cheers.

19 hours ago, swissie said:

But I like to think that the Central-Banks have a "information-advantage" over private-investors and the "run of the mill" commodity-fund managers.

Your post is vague on numbers and names of central banks beyond China, buying up gold.

As for China’s central bank, they hold the world’s largest asset collection and China’s trade surplus is something like half a trillion U.S. dollars each year. With the trade war they probably want to hedge against a falling U.S. dollar, so they are converting assets into anything but U.S. dollars, which may explain why they are buying up gold.

You should look at actual numbers, i.e. how much foreign currency do they hold, how much did they buy over the last 10 months, and how does that relate to the amount of gold they bought?