Trump faces two deadlines as U.S. Congress ramps up impeachment focus

webfact

1 hour ago, Skallywag said:

<snip>

On November 18 he went unannounced to WR hospital for "phase 1" of his physical 3 months early?!  No president has ever done their annual physical in "phases" or 3 months early.

<snip>

No living PERSON has ever done this, but DAMN he looks fit in those boxing trunks!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, TPI said:

For what? Being elected by popular vote! We can't have that can we, after all we're the people that count, us seat warmers in Congress!

Pure deflection... patiently waiting out the four years is what you do when your candidate loses an election. Impeachment is for his post election  high crimes and misdemeanors. I know it’s confusing but do try to keep up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, legend49 said:

But he hates NATO and wants it terminated.

I am not sure if he wants NATO terminated but I sure do. I see absolutely no reason for the existance of NATO. I do think the USA should simply pull out and let the Europeans decide if they want the organization to continue. I do not buy any of the Rubbish put forward by those State Department bureaucrats that Ukraine is a bullwork holding back the Russians from invading Europe. I don't think I ever laughed so hard as I did listening to that absolute BS. Europe can handle any Russian aggression all by itself. Germany is no longer a Nazi threat. And the USA should close all bases in Europe and withdraw. Open new defense agreements Country by Country as necessary. Same goes for South korea. They can handle an attack from the North all by themselves. and same for Japan. In Asia again, negotiate with Countries that would like a treaty. No bases are needed all over the world except in limited circumstance. NATO is outdated, and even NATO itself gives reasons for their existance that are ridiculous - such as climate change etc. NATO is obsolete. There is no Russian threat to Europe. That is archaic thinking. Ukraine is a civil war. Russia has reasons for intervention which I do not agree with- nevertheless, their reasoning is easy to understand. Claims of an invasion of Europe? Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

<snip>

Think again! Nobody, not even POTUS, is above the law.

<snip>

And THIS is REALLY the crux of the matter! When Hillary got away with SO much buggery, many of us felt dispirited. That woman broke laws and received no richly deserved punishment. Is Trump going to go down that same path, breaking laws and endangering national security primarily for his own enrichment with no consequences? "We, The People" are getting fed up with this!

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, J Town said:

And THIS is REALLY the crux of the matter! When Hillary got away with SO much buggery, many of us felt dispirited. That woman broke laws and received no richly deserved punishment. Is Trump going to go down that same path, breaking laws and endangering national security primarily for his own enrichment with no consequences? "We, The People" are getting fed up with this!

I followed part of Hillary's story. I don't know if she got away with any crime.

But even if she got away with any crime, is that a reason to say anybody else should also get away with it?

I.e. is a burglar is not convicted for some strange reason, should all burglars be freed to make it equal?

As far as I see the facts show clearly that Trump demanded something illegal. And he demanded it not in the interest of the country, he demanded it for his personal gain against the interest of the USA. Should he get away with that? Is that the kind of leader the USA wants?

Remember, if he is impeached and if he has to go away then the vice president will become president. He is also a GOP politician. And in the next election you can all again vote for the same party. Life continues after Trump.

Seems many people do not know how it works:  Article One of the United States Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power of impeachment and the Senate the sole power to try impeachments of officers of the U.S. federal government. (Various state constitutions include similar measures, allowing the state legislature to impeach the governor or other officials of the state government.) In contrast to the British system, in the United States impeachment is only the first of two stages, and conviction during the second stage requires "the concurrence of two thirds of the members present".

The House recommends impeachment (lays charges) - the Senate conducts the trial into guilt or innocence.

Clinton was charged with impeachment by the House (members of both Parties), but not enough Senators (both Parties) voted in favour after the Senate trial, and the charge of Impeachment was therefore dismissed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cryingdick said:

If he is found innocent in the senate what should happen? Another term. 

I think at this point another term is pretty much a given. Americans are not going to elect Communist Bernie, Not going to elect Buttigieg, Not going to elect Biden (the recent video? His mind is obviously shot), Not goingn to elect Pocahontas either. Not going to elect Bloomberg. The entire mess of candidates is a joke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Because being found not guilty by the Senate is the same establish that Trump's policies and actions are good for the citizens of the USA and should be endorsed by them? Non-sequitur much?

This entire sentence does not make any sense in the English language. Do you need a do-over?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J Town said:

The Senate (a singular NOT plural body) has erroneously announced they will not remove the president before seeing a single piece of evidence at trial.

A singular body made up of 50 Senators, regardless of any grammar police. And they are not acting erroneously. They are acting as they see fit under the circumstances. Regardless of your opinion of their actions. This is no more then a political stunt. Oh Gee they agree. That's the way it is. Hold the damn trial if it gets that far. Bring all the evidence. Or simply dismiss it like a slap in the Democrats face. Then let them continue to cry. Standing by for Barr, Durham and the IG. At this point I would like to see the entire Democrat leadership in Jail...as I see them all as acting "eroneously" , and as disgusting filth to add to that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Boon Mee said:

Yes, the democrats have sealed their fate re congressional elections next year - never mind Trump will win in a landslide. 

It'll be a rout! ???? 

MAGA 

Well as Trump is now apparently too scared to turn up and face scrutiny , it certainly would be a rout.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WalkingOrders said:

A singular body made up of 50 Senators, regardless of any grammar police. And they are not acting erroneously. They are acting as they see fit under the circumstances. Regardless of your opinion of their actions. This is no more then a political stunt. Oh Gee they agree. That's the way it is. Hold the damn trial if it gets that far. Bring all the evidence. Or simply dismiss it like a slap in the Democrats face. Then let them continue to cry. Standing by for Barr, Durham and the IG. At this point I would like to see the entire Democrat leadership in Jail...as I see them all as acting "eroneously" , and as disgusting filth to add to that.

Utterly deranged lol

• Like 1