Police Clearance Confusion

I am in need of a Police Clearance Certificate for a Philippine visa.  I live in Chiang Mai and it appears that the only place to get it done is in Bangkok.  The mail option looks like it is only for people residing outside of Thailand.  So I guess that I am forced to take a trip to Bangkok but I don't want to make a mistake and have to do a return trip.

1, Will the service center do the document certification or do I need to do it in CM?

2. Can I pay in cash at the service center or do I have to do it by banking?

3, Will they do the fingerprints there or do I have to get them somewhere else?  In one place I saw a note that they will only accept fingerprints from     Bangkok.

4. They seem to want a copy of the house book which I do not have since I am renting, will a lease copy work?

5. They also request a letter from the entity requesting the check.  No way would I be able to get that but they also say that in can be just written on      the application form.  I can also bring a copy of the visa authority instructions.  Will that work?

There English comprehension over the phone is not too good.  If I lived in or near Bangkok, I would just go there.  I have also so far not been able to find and agency in Chiang Mai to handle it for me.  Their fee vs the airfare and hotel could be equal and it might be faster.

1) In Bangkok at the police centre. The address is online and there is a map how to find the location and the office. If there is some difficulty to locate the office just ask the people around they will direct you.

2) When I did mine, I paid cash.

3)The police at the police centre BKK have people there to take your fingerprints onto a card.

4)You will need a residence certificate which can be obtained from your embassy if they issue this or obtain one from immigration. 

5) Just fill the application form with the reason for the request. I did not submit any letter from the entity requesting the police report, just filled in the application form.

Edited by userabcd

6 minutes ago, userabcd said:

1) In Bangkok at the police centre. The address is online and there is a map how to find the location and the office. If there is some difficulty to locate the office just ask the people around they will direct you.

2) When I did mine, I paid cash.

3)The police at the police centre BKK have people there to take your fingerprints onto a card.

4)You will need a residence certificate which can be obtained from your embassy if they issue this or obtain one from immigration. 

5) Just fill the application form with the reason for the request. I did not submit any letter from the entity requesting the police report, just filled in the application form.

Thanks.  Did you have to get any document copies certified or did they take care of it?

If you are in a hurry or need assistance getting a police clearance you can go here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

Go to the middle of the page on the left hand side and click on: "Service to obtain certificate in case of special urgency by out source." This will link you to A-Plus Service & Consulting. They will do everything for you and usually get the clearance back in about 4 working days. For a fee of ~4400 baht. I have used them and recommend them if you are in a hurry or can't be bothered doing it by yourself

2 hours ago, toolpush said:

If you are in a hurry or need assistance getting a police clearance you can go here: http://www.pcscenter.sb.police.go.th/eng/

Go to the middle of the page on the left hand side and click on: "Service to obtain certificate in case of special urgency by out source." This will link you to A-Plus Service & Consulting. They will do everything for you and usually get the clearance back in about 4 working days. For a fee of ~4400 baht. I have used them and recommend them if you are in a hurry or can't be bothered doing it by yourself

The problem with A-Plus is that they require me to get fingerprints in Bangkok only.  This would mean that I would still have to go to Bangkok from Chiang Mai.  So, it would be just as easy for me to go there and use the official office.

2 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you'd prefer not to take a trip down to Bangkok, there are agencies advertising online that can do it all for you for a few thousand baht.

The only one that I am aware of is Siam Legal which wants ฿10,000.  Do you know of other agencies?

14 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

The only one that I am aware of is Siam Legal which wants ฿10,000.  Do you know of other agencies?

I had to get a clearance check a few years ago and I paid, from memory, 4,000 baht. I found it on Google. That was 2016, mind you, so who knows, things might have changed since then.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done 2 clearances in 19 years. The 1st I had my mom run from America through the FBI/CIA International Clearance site 15 years ago and the 2nd was when I finally took a job in BKK last year at the main police headquarters building by Siam Paragon.

The school provided a request in thai and all I had to do was show up with my passport, pay the fee, get fingerprinted, talk to a hottie who offered to "personally service me for 2 days for 500 baht" (I smiled but held my tongue) and went home. They mailed the completed certificate straight to the school 2 weeks later.

Get off BTS at Siam Paragon and walk along the slender skywalk to the 1st staircase down as it widens. Go another block along the street and in the gate. Straight back to the 1st building, go around it to the left and down the small soi. The building is kitty-corner on the left. (IIRC)

Whole thing took less than an hour.

From CM take an overnight train to BKK (about 1/6 the price of a flight), taxi to the nearest BTS, then reverse the process going back to CM that night. No hotel needed. Whole trip for under 1,000 baht.