Selling bike registered in Lamphun, but my residency now CM

happysanook

No its not "easy" - it's a pain in the a#se.....

The bike will have to be taken to the regional transport for your area (not the local one) with the usual docs...they will inspect it......You will then have to go back 1 week later where they decide what tax is due - they then give you the new plate / amended book and tax disc.....

8 minutes ago, piston broke said:

The bike will have to be taken to the regional transport for your area (not the local one) with the usual docs...they will inspect it......You will then have to go back 1 week later where they decide what tax is due - they then give you the new plate / amended book and tax disc.....

I've had a car registered in Bangkok renewed in Chiang Mai. Also renewed the registration of a car with a Chiang Mai plate in Phan. I don't imagine two wheels would be any different.

It's not necessary to change the plates, in my experience.

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Yes, how many times do you have to post before your get it.

i'm with Kwasaki on this, 3 threads on the same subject, started by the op

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I've had a car registered in Bangkok renewed in Chiang Mai. Also renewed the registration of a car with a Chiang Mai plate in Phan. I don't imagine two wheels would be any different.

It's not necessary to change the plates, in my experience.

this thread is about a change of ownership, and the new owner having his name put in the green book as owner, nothing to do with renewing yearly tax, as registration is not renewed in Thailand

Each thread distinctly different. The issue was that each time I thought all would be well, I thought of another possible roadblock.

The previous thread about out of date registration, the first asked if I could change districts with my license and get it extended at the same time.... This thread, does it matter if my residency cert doesn't match the district the bike is currently registered in... Similar but different, I hope you can see ????

12 hours ago, piston broke said:

My HD has been on BKK plate since I bought it. I have never gone to BKK to do anything.

Changed to my name in book in Pattaya.

Renew registration any province, pay tax, buy insurance.

Lived from Songkhla to Udon Thani. Now in CNX

Bike still on BKK plate.

Only if you want a Chiang Mai plate - or any other province - do you need to jump thru all the hoops.

38 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

My HD has been on BKK plate since I bought it. I have never gone to BKK to do anything.

Changed to my name in book in Pattaya.

Maybe this "easy" for  you because of your Thai ID card ?      normally they send you ( me) to the main Chonburi DLT to change names..won't do it at Pattaya/Barnglamung  if it does not already have a Chonburi  number plate.

15 hours ago, happysanook said:

Can I sell to someone in CM, and they will "easily" be able to transfer registration to CM?

Yes you can sell to them...how easy (or not) they can register in their name in Chaingmai is their problem  not yours,

if you give them all the required documents there should not be any problems..just maybe a bit of inconvenience for the new buyer running around the DLT a few times...or they could use an "agent" to do it for them for a small(ish) fee.

12 minutes ago, johng said:

Yes you can sell to them...how easy (or not) they can register in their name in Chaingmai is their problem  not yours,

if you give them all the required documents there should not be any problems..just maybe a bit of inconvenience for the new buyer running around the DLT a few times...or they could use an "agent" to do it for them for a small(ish) fee.

Okay, well that was exactly my concern, that the buyer will be unable to register it due to the bike being from Lamphun and my recidency being CM. Sounds like most people believe it shouldn't be a huge issue... 

Archived