Luxury Cinema Experience

jezchesters

Hi!

We've got some friends visiting who want to do the whole luxury cinema experience thing. They don't really want to have to go too far, so we're looking at somewhere around Siam Square, Central World, Emporium etc.

Now, from what I've heard, EGV Gold Class is meant to be the business (massaging lazyboy chairs, valet service etc), but I've just called the EGV at Siam Discovery and, this being Thailand, the only film they're showing in Gold Class is Mr frikkin' Bean!

I know that the other cinemas offer similar VIP classes, but can anyone advise me as to which one is comparable with EGV Gold Class? I've seen the sofas offered, but they're really after something with the lazyboys and waiter service...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers! :o

Hi!

We've got some friends visiting who want to do the whole luxury cinema experience thing. They don't really want to have to go too far, so we're looking at somewhere around Siam Square, Central World, Emporium etc.

Now, from what I've heard, EGV Gold Class is meant to be the business (massaging lazyboy chairs, valet service etc), but I've just called the EGV at Siam Discovery and, this being Thailand, the only film they're showing in Gold Class is Mr frikkin' Bean!

I know that the other cinemas offer similar VIP classes, but can anyone advise me as to which one is comparable with EGV Gold Class? I've seen the sofas offered, but they're really after something with the lazyboys and waiter service...

Site below may help, but the VIP cinema's will be concentrating on the main seller this weekend which will be Mr Bean. Might want to consider the Imax option, if your friends are cinephiles, though I've not tried since they moved to Paragon. Showing there is Open Season 3D.

Regards

PS In the old location it was claimed to be the largest Imax screen worldwide.

http://www.movieseer.com

/edit add PS//

Edited by A_Traveller

Hi!

Site below may help, but the VIP cinema's will be concentrating on the main seller this weekend which will be Mr Bean. Might want to consider the Imax option, if your friends are cinephiles, though I've not tried since they moved to Paragon. Showing there is Open Season 3D.

Regards

PS In the old location it was claimed to be the largest Imax screen worldwide.

http://www.movieseer.com

/edit add PS//

Thanks for the info!

Do you know what facilties the other VIP Classes offer?

The VIP Gold Class styles are mostly the same, twined reclining seats etc. lounge, waiter service etc. One odd thing is the desire to tuck you up in you blanket against the arctic chill before the Royal Anthem. In, say Emporium, the back rows are VIP, but no flunkies brining you your libations.

The ones at Paragon include a free neck massage in the lounge {did recently, presume they still do}.

One thing to look for is the 2K digital versions of movies, they are both digital projection and sound and are often an experience in themselves even in the cheap seats. Don't know why but I get back ache in the Emporium VIP seats so don't bother with them but seeing 300 in 2K was most enjoyable from the cheaps

Note digital presentations are still a novelty in Europe and the US, so again if our friends are interested in the movie experience it's worth noting.

Regards & enjoy Mr Bean. :o

/edit typo //

Edited by A_Traveller

The VIP Gold Class styles are mostly the same, twined reclining seats etc. lounge, waiter service etc. One odd thing is the desire to tuck you up in you blanket against the arctic chill before the Royal Anthem. In, say Emporium, the back rows are VIP, but no flunkies brining you your libations.

The ones at Paragon include a free neck massage in the lounge {did recently, presume they still do}.

One thing to look for is the 2K digital versions of movies, they are both digital projection and sound and are often an experience in themselves even in the cheap seats. Don't know why but I get back ache in the Emporium VIP seats so don't bother with them but seeing 300 in 2K was most enjoyable from the cheaps

Note digital presentations are still a novelty in Europe and the US, so again if our friends are interested in the movie experience it's worth noting.

Regards & enjoy Mr Bean. :o

/edit typo //

Hahaha!

Cheers for the info - very useful!

I would recommend the NOKIA VIP theatre in Siam Paragon. It has a classy bar, lounge area, massage chairs (electronic and human) inside the theatre the seating layout is in 2's only unlike other cinemas where only the back rows are usually VIP. The seats are very large, leather, electronic and fully reclinable. Blankets and pillows are also provided along with waiter service.

They also always have a variety of movies showing so IMO this is the best.

Hi!

There's a VIP section at the Esplanade on Ratchadapisek.... the VIP theatres are separate from the regular ones which is good. Seats were 500 bht each - we saw a 3 hour long Narasuan 2 movie, so the lazyboy type chair was well needed....

The seats are grouped in two's - each separate seat has electric control of recline. The two seats are surrounded on 3 sides by a screen type affair - which increases your privacy. You get a pillow and blanket, aswell. Waitress will get your popcorn, coke, beer, cocktail etc etc....

Recommended for the occasional special occasion - think there's 2 or 3 of these VIP only theatres there, so should have a decent range of movie options available.

Good range of restaurants in the basement and ground floor too... (the ice skating rink however is way too small and looked like they'd forgotten to buy a Zamboni....)

Coops

Having gone to the luxury cinemas at Emporium,Siam paragon,Discovery Center and a few others, I will say that the only place where you can go wrong is the Emporium. The back row, while a plush seat, is up against the wall and does not fully recline. In fact, the normal cheaper seats are more comfortable. THe best of the lot is either the nokia theatre at Siam Paragon or infiniti theatre (which I think was at the Discovery Center). Good luck with your search.

Having gone to the luxury cinemas at Emporium,Siam paragon,Discovery Center and a few others, I will say that the only place where you can go wrong is the Emporium. The back row, while a plush seat, is up against the wall and does not fully recline. In fact, the normal cheaper seats are more comfortable. THe best of the lot is either the nokia theatre at Siam Paragon or infiniti theatre (which I think was at the Discovery Center). Good luck with your search.

Could not agree more, the "VIP" seats at the Emporium are not comfortable at all. Siam Paragon, IMHO, has the best VIP experience, separate theatres, great seats, separated from your neighbors by the wrap-around wall. Words of advice, don't recline or put on your blanket on until after you stand to pay your respects to HRH/HRH.

It can be kind of fun to watch others struggle to get up. :o

Seacon Square ... while not being the newest ... is a good bet for locals ... their Gold Class THEATERS <not a few seats in the back> are priced far lower than in town :o 250-300 a seat

In an earlier post I referenced the Discovery Center's infiniti theatre. My bad, my girlfriend told me it was actually called the Enigma theatre, and it is by far the best luxury theatre in Bangkok. Unfortunately I am also not positive whether it was at Paragon or Discovery Center. If you find it at one of these two places you will not be disappointed (unless you go see Mr. Bean, I do not understand the popularity of that character).

Edited by hastings