Suvarnabhumi airport to hotel near Erawan shrine.

geisha

Hi. Last time I was in Bangkok I got stuck in traffic for ages due to road works. So I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to take the airport sky train to Phaya Thai station, and a taxi from there ? My hotel is the Marriott Courtyard . I m a lady and will have a suitcase of about 10/12 kgs , otherwise I would change at Phaya Thai and continue with BTS to Ratchadamri which is very near to my hotel. Or should I just take a taxi ? I just need the quickest option. Thanks++

ps, will be around 13h. A Monday. 

• Like 1

Sky train might be the quickest option, but also the most complicated with luggage. I would definately pay the extra baht it cost to sit comfortably in a taxi getting from A to B without any hassle. Around 13 a monday, most people will be at work. The roads will be quite open without too much traffic.

Edited by Matzzon
  • Like 1

Yes on toll rd, got stuck somewhere due to road works, and his air con wasn’t good. Arrived stuck to my seat. 

I think I’ll do the airport express. Getting down to the road from Phaya Thai isn’t too bad ? Or taxi at 1 pm direct ?

The problem with some of the normal taxis is that they're in no rush and happy to sit in traffic all day as you're paying for their time.  We've had instances of normal taxis purposely driving into heavy traffic in Bangkok. 

At least by paying a flat rate for an airport limo they've no incentive to sit in traffic and the aircon works well.  1200 baht for an AOT Camry to the Marriott and all equipped with Easy Pass, btw.

• Like 1

There is NO way you can avoid any jams due to very unfavourable choice in HTL to this. Plus that such 5* thingies look very much down on non-taxi arrivals-they feel they are way to hiso for that.

P-thai is since a year or 2 of course with all those ignorant tourists arriving there goldmine for taxi-no-meters. You could easily get off before-Pratunam or Makkasan, but traffic will even be worse-Rajprasong and/or Asoke+sukhumvit. There is also never ever a garantee-other as above think, that ex-way from airpt is jamfree mid-day. It certainly is not around the connection to old ex-way.

So the choice boils down to sit in taxi-maybe long time-or stand cramped in ARL.

asanee , thank you , but I like that area and have been staying there for years whilst in Bangkok . I’m not asking about taxi price or whatever. It’s just the Fastest way there I need as I want to see a friend before she leaves !!! Plus no problem with the 5 star hotels as you say. Merry Christmas.