Bangkok Bank International Transfer failed

For what I think is about 2 years now, BKB has always accepted my USA transfers. Now I am on a deadline and need this month's money to transfer.

Wells Fargo says they approved it. Bangkok Bank is pulling it's "Give us 2 weeks and we can tell you the answer to anything you ask."

Anyone have ideas why it would be rejected by BKB this time? 

Edited by SailingHome

Bangkok Bank no longer accepts domestic ACH transfers?  Has been headline news here for the last year and almost all are now blocked - by year end it will be all.  Most people now using Transferwise if they unable to send in international format or do not have free SWIFT transfers available.

This is transfers routed through Bangkok Bank New York - if you send an international (SWIFT) to Bangkok Bank in Thailand directly it should still work.

Edited by lopburi3

14 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

That is what blows me away... it is through NYC branch. I hope it was just a glitch.

It it was an ACH transfer through New York branch it was not a glitch as they are no longer accepted unless in international format (almost no banks use that - only SSA).  

1 hour ago, asiaexpat said:

Wells Fargo does not use IAT transfer system so transfers to Thailand must use a third party like Transferwise or request a Swift transfer (wire.) 

So how come it worked last month and Bangkok Bank still says they support it? I did nothing different than any other month.

3 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

So how come it worked last month and Bangkok Bank still says they support it? I did nothing different than any other month.

Because they have been blocking more each month and by end of year all types will be blocked - your time has come.

1 minute ago, SailingHome said:

FYI Wells Fargo actually lists my BKB ac ount in the same tranzfer list as my other Wells accounts in the lit of accounts when I am asked to pick an account

Because you have sent transfers previously - and previously it was allowed.  No more unless in international format.

4 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

So what is the new procedure to import money to a Thailand bank for visa income proof?

Transferwise selecting the last reason for transfer on list which mentions stay in Thailand to a Bangkok Bank account is currently an option.  But using Transferwise to any bank account should work if you save paperwork (they provide PDF download if you want to print) or in most cases using SWIFT international wire transfer to your account here.  

Edited by lopburi3
wrong word

11 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Thanks. I just tried to set up a transferwise account and it will not allow my BKB account as a recipient.

So I call wells every month and ask for a SWIFT? What is that going to cost me?

There are thousands of us sending to our Bangkok Bank accounts here in Thailand.  You didn't try to set up for New York by chance?  They have their own account here at Bangkok Bank which pays into your account.

Have no idea what your bank charges for international wire transfers but normally it will be on their website.

47 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Thanks. I just tried to set up a transferwise account and it will not allow my BKB account as a recipient.

You did something wrong.  As lopburi3 said thousands are using TW to send to Thai bank accts....fully expect Bangkok Bank is the biggest recipient of these TW transfers.  Both the wife and I have TW accts and have sent to our Bangkok Bank accts.

Just go into the TW area where you setup "Recipients", follow the easy instructions, and select Bangkok Bank to send to.   Although I already have several Recipients setup going to my Bangkok Bank accounts I just logged onto my TW acct to test setup of a new recipient to Bangkok Bank....and Bangkok Bank was one of many Thailand bank available to send to. 

And using TW you are not using ACH to send money to Thailand so forget about entering the Bangkok Bank NY ACH routing number anywhere.  Just select Bangkok Bank and enter your acct number. 

Edited by Pib

I expect in January we'll see a lot more posts about "My transfer or US govt payment to Bangkok Bank was rejected!!!....What's up with that?! 

1 Jan 2020 is supposed the last line in the sand for Bangkok Bank and that line was for US govt payments still not being sent in ACH IAT format.  

Below are the last known "lines in the sand" set by Bangkok Bank for ACH transfers not in ACH "IAT" format.

1.       Amazon and Paypal and other e-Commerce from 21 October, 2019.

2.       AC Transfers (Internet Banking) from 1 November, 2019

3.       Private Pension from 1 December, 2019.

4.       All other Non-IAT including Government payment from 1 January, 2020.

5 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Did that. Click continue and it just refreshes the page. I will keep trying.

Sounds like you failed to dot an i.  Some pages you have to check an agreement tic to proceed or perhaps something not complete.