Nai Harn lifeguards post red flags as dangerous ‘circular’ rip current traps swimmers

webfact

Nai Harn lifeguards post red flags as dangerous ‘circular’ rip current traps swimmers

1576138163_1-org.jpg

Red flags have been posted at areas where it is dangerous to enter the water. Photo: Rawai Municipality

PHUKET: Lifeguards at Nai Harn beach are urging swimmers to beware strong rip currents that have formed circular ‘funnels”, trapping swimmers in a large eddy off the beach.

The phenomenon was first noticed yesterday (Dec 11), when several swimmers were caught by the circular current at the northern end of the beach. Today, the phenomenon closer to the southern end.

“Lifeguards informed me about the dangerous rip current yesterday (Dec 11). I was told that the who were caught in the rip were safe, but I don’t know any other details about them yet,” Rawai Mayor Aroon Solos told The Phuket News.

Read more at https://www.thephuketnews.com/nai-harn-lifeguards-post-red-flags-as-dangerous-circular-rip-current-traps-swimmers-73973.php#FIaC8x5WCxjiyxlR.99

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-12-12

Archived