Factbox - UK election: Conservatives make net gain of 16 seats so far

webfact

Factbox - UK election: Conservatives make net gain of 16 seats so far

2019-12-13T022149Z_1_LYNXMPEFBC044_RTROPTP_4_BRITAIN-ELECTION.JPG

A rosette is worn by a supporter of British Prime Minister and Conservatives leader Boris Johnson, at a counting centre for Britain's general election in Uxbridge, Britain, December 13, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville

LONDON (Reuters) - Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservatives have made a net gain of 16 seats so far.

Most results are expected between 0200 and 0500.

Here is a list of the Conservative party's gains and losses.

CONSERVATIVE GAINS - 19

From Labour:

Blyth Valley, Darlington, Peterborough, Wrexham, Vale of Clwyd, Workington, Leigh, Stockton South, Clwyd South, Blackpool South, Scunthorpe, Redcar, Burnley, Ipswich, West Bromwich West, Hyndburn, Ynys Mon, Bishop Auckland, Wolverhampton South West.

CONSERVATIVE LOSSES - 3

To Labour:

Putney

To SNP:

Angus

Ochil & South Perthshire

Other seats changing hands:

SNP gain from Labour:

Rutherglen & Hamilton West

East Lothian

Midlothian

(Reporting by Alistair Smout; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-12-13

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

You're a bit behind the news on this. Tory overall majority 79 seats, with only St. Ives left to declare. Latter always seems to be extremely slow for some reason.

trying to figure out where the guy with 7 wives voted....

15 hours ago, DoctorG said:

Corbyn has resigned as leader.

I may have jumped the gun on this one. I assumed that when he said he would not lead the party to the next election he was doing what every other defeated leader would do and resign immediately. I was wrong. He is now saying that the loss was not his fault and he will wait for the party to decide if he should continue.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:24 AM, DoctorG said:

I may have jumped the gun on this one. I assumed that when he said he would not lead the party to the next election he was doing what every other defeated leader would do and resign immediately. I was wrong. He is now saying that the loss was not his fault and he will wait for the party to decide if he should continue.

Really unbelievable.

Archived