Re-Entry O-A

Hi, I am confused of different deviant informations.

I have a NON-IMM O-A Multiple VISA 29.1.19-28.1.2020. 

On 30.3.2019 I arrived in Thailand and got a admitted-stamp 28.3.20.

Now I fly Phuket-Cambodia 25.12.19  At 30.12.19 I come back to Phuket.

1) Must a apply at Immigr. for a re-entry ?  (I have "Multiple in VISA-Stamp issued Thaiembassy Berlin).

2) Is there now problem at arrivel in Thailand at 30.12.19 because of health insurance/new law Oct.2019 (I do not have actually) ?

3) Shall I get a new admitted-stamp 29.12.2020 at arrival ?

THANK YOU for support.   Ludwig, Phuket

Unbenannt.png

Edited by LudwigK

1) No need. You'll only need a re-entry permit to keep your permission to stay valid if you exit and re-enter after the visa expiry date on 28.1.2020.

2) Insurance isn't required for entry on Non O-A's issued before 31st October this year.

3) If arriving on 30.12.2019 your new admitted stamp should show 28.12.2020 (next year is a leap year).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1. As long as your Non Imm OA Visa's validity date has not expired (28-1-2020)  you can exit and re-enter Thailand as much as you like without the need for a re-entry permit.  Each time on re-entry you will be stamped in for a full year permission to stay.

After 28-1-2020 you need to get a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand as that will keep your last permission to stay 'alive'.

2. As your Non Imm OA Visa was issued 29-1-2019, so before the Oct 31 health-insurance became effective, you will not be queried for health-insurance when re-entering Thailand.

3. When arriving back from your trip to Cambodia on 30-12-2019, you will be stamped in for the full year (till 29-12-2020) your Non Imm OA Visa entitles you to.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Currently the situation appears that IOs are stamping everyone in for 1 year without any insurance, that is especially true for any visa issued before Oct 31st 2019 as yours was. So you 'should' be ok on the insurance issue. This is a area of slight IO discretion so keep checking that situation stays the same.

Not at all the case. They are requiring insurance for OAs issued after 31 October, many reports of that. If they do not see an Embassy notation on visa they will ask about it. (But there should be one for any OA issued after that date).

Not requiring it for OAs issued before then (such as OP's case) but occasionally an officer gets mixed up and asks. If that happens OP should politely but firmly point to the issue date on his visa and reply that it is not required in his case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Not at all the case. They are requiring insurance for OAs issued after 31 October, many reports of that. If they do not see an Embassy notation on visa they will ask about it. (But there should be one for any OA issued after that date).

Report posted to facebook of a recent (last week ish) arrival being given 30 days on a OA due to lacking insurance.. 

I agree that the issue is 'mostly closed' and the general consensus is IO's 'should' stamp in a 1 year. I disagree that the issue is clear or absolute certainty, it is at least wrth mentioning the possibility that the insurance question is asked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1