Former beauty queen found guilty of funding terrorism

snoop1130

Former beauty queen found guilty of funding terrorism

TELEMMGLPICT000218690447_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bq14eNwzJLvYQJbXrcyyarlIM6qVj4sxU0GouR3i6g4GQ.jpeg

Amaani Noor, 21, arrives at Liverpool Crown Court  CREDIT: PA

A former beauty contestant and the ex-girlfriend of a professional footballer has been found guilty of funding terrorism.

Amaani Noor, 21, was found guilty at Liverpool Crown Court on Thursday of donating $45 USD, around £35, to organisation The Merciful Hands via Paypal on May 23 last year knowing it would or may be used for the purposes of terrorism.

Noor, who the court heard had married an Islamist fighter online and planned to join him in Syria, sobbed in the dock as she was found guilty by a majority of 10 to 2 following three hours and 38 minutes of deliberation.

Judge Andrew Menary QC told the five men and seven women on the jury: "It's a sad case. You have had an insight now into this very murky and challenging world that some people occupy online where people speak casually about some pretty awful things that are going on.

Full Story: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/12/12/former-beauty-queen-found-guilty-offunding-terrorism/

32 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me: When will we have the trial against Bush and Blair for illegally invading Iraq?

Or ist that not really so important because they didn't spend 50 USD from their own money to do that?

Nothing to do with this thread

I want to see shots from beauty pageant swimsuit competition.

$45? I know it's principle sort of thing, but how much did the trial and all that cost? Has it made UK safer? $45 wouldn't cover crumpets, tea and coffee supplies for trial.

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That reminds me: When will we have the trial against Bush and Blair for illegally invading Iraq?

Or ist that not really so important because they didn't spend 50 USD from their own money to do that?

Never. Not that its relevant to this thread.

31 minutes ago, Emdog said:

I want to see shots from beauty pageant swimsuit competition.

$45? I know it's principle sort of thing, but how much did the trial and all that cost? Has it made UK safer? $45 wouldn't cover crumpets, tea and coffee supplies for trial.

Justice does cost money. Yes it has made the UK safer. The fight against Islamic terrorism takes many forms

9 minutes ago, HuskerDo said:

Beauty queen? It says she's 21. I can find hundreds of more beautiful women at the local mall on a weekend. YUCK!!

28 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Beauty? :coffee1:

21F0E685-AD96-4216-881A-A42E83DF7E42.jpeg

C6711DA5-107F-473F-A43C-0BF6A36FCAF9.jpeg

Archived