Heeeelp To Much Spam

h90

after fixing my emailsystem with the help of that forum, I have the bad side effect that I get tripple or more spam emails than before. Maybe 500 per day pass the spam filter.

all kind of enlargments/tablets and a couple of millions from the nigerian president...........

spam assassin 3.1 is already running and up to the email accounts I have it set to 7.5 or 10 for the score. Bayes turn off.

Any ideas to improve the performance.

I checked the spam emails and it is very rare that they score between 5 and 10. So setting it to 5 will not help much.

I use gmail's filter.

All my e-mails (to my own domain) are forwarded to my gmail account and then collected using Outlook Express. Gmail filters out the majority of spam, I get up to 100 a day and the odd one slips through.

briley: I don't think thats a good idea, because I have there commercial webpages and I guess gmail don't like if I abuse their free service for that.

100 is nearly nothing :o I remember before I had the first filter(or the reason for the first installation) I got arround 3000 per day. But at that time I had also the catchall setting (means if someone sent on john1, john2, john3, fred, fred1...... than I got them all).

im using http://assp.sourceforge.net/ it is a server side solution. its a smtp proxy(i think similar to spamassasin)

after about a couple of weeks of false positives, now the filter is well trained. out of thousands of spams/day, 10 to 20 slip thru daily.

another trick im experimenting(so far successfully) on one of my domains is nolisting http://www.joreybump.com/code/howto/nolisting.html

Suggest you look at using Google Apps as your mail server. Basically this lets you use Gmail with your own domain name. Its free for up to 50 accounts (but there is a paid version if you really want it).

My work just started using this, and it is very good. We have a major spam problem and the Gmail filter is very effective at dealing with it.