Getting To Khao Lak

samran

Hi,

we're going down to Khao Lak shortly, landing at Phuket on a sunday.

Internet research tells me to expect a 1000-1500 baht taxi ride from the airport. Does this ring true to people here? What kind of car can we expect for this. We are definelty going to need something with seatbelts in the back seat as we will be bringing a childs car seat with us, so we'll need to strap that in.

yep, it seems about right to me samran. considering the fare from the airport to patong is about 700thb, this sounds right. funnily enough, i think that as soon as the car crosses the bridge, the fuel consumption escalates or something.

cars can be anything from a camry to a corolla, but i have usually had a bigger car from the airport. they are usually newish, so you should have no problem with seatbelts.

i have send you a pm too....

I always advise guests who plan on going to my resort in Khao Lak not to pay more than 1200 Baht for a taxi from Phuket Airport. (It will be a small Japanese car, the trip takes about one hour). It is the best if you make the short walk out of the airport, and negotiate with the drivers on the public road just outside the airport. In case you booked a hotel in Khao Lak, be warned the driver might try to talk you into going to another hotel, because he earns a commission doing so. Have a nice stay in beautiful Khao Lak.

Edited by keestha