Government denies it has increased taxes on feminine hygiene products

webfact

Government denies it has increased taxes on feminine hygiene products

sanitary-1.jpg

The Government has refuted a report that sanitary napkins have been classified as a luxury item and excise tax on them has been increased to 40%. The report went viral on social media.

Government spokeswoman Narumon Pinyosinwat tweeted that the Excise Department has not classified sanitary napkins as luxury items, or imposed a 40% tax on the product, as claimed by Pheu Chart party spokeswoman Ms. Katepriya Kaewsaenmuang.

She said that the Government regards sanitary napkins as a necessity adding, however, that the products are subject to 7% VAT. The misleading report has provoked complaints from women’s groups, including change.org, Thailand’s website promoting societal change, which has launched a campaign to provide all women with access to sanitary napkins at affordable prices.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/government-denies-it-has-increased-taxes-on-feminine-hygiene-products/

thaipbs.jpg

I think the taxes are added MOSTLY by men (in Gov't positions) more than the women........ as the woman in the story, and she could care less about the few baht tax because she is HiSo (Rich - working for the Gov't) and has plenty of money...

Edited to add... With this present regime... I can just see them fixing big taxes even on Pampers Diapers.... to get more money for Tanks and Submarines... I think they will be putting Tanks in operation soon, not for war, but agains't their own Thai people who are showing their thoughts with the recent Protests.... Communism has no thought other than 'themselves'....

Archived