new receiver

kevvy

Hi everyone

I have an old pioneer receiver It is a elite VSZ-29TX, for my home theatre room , great amp .I have one problem , it does not decode mp4 sound , I have picture and no sound .

I want to but a new one, any brand so I can enjoy my theater room.Any suggestions would be appreciated .

Thanks

Kevvy

Have you tried connecting an Android media player to one of the HDMI inputs on the receiver?

A media player such as Kodi will decode nearly all video and audio formats and play them.

Alternatively it may be possible to purchase a cheap receiver and use the multichannel Pioneer in direct mode, so just treating it like a multichannel amplifier.

If you are looking to buy a new AV receiver, you could look at the latest Marantz models... like this one from Piyanas which has got pretty much everything for about 29K baht.

1 hour ago, Jai Dee said:

Have you tried connecting an Android media player to one of the HDMI inputs on the receiver?

A media player such as Kodi will decode nearly all video and audio formats and play them.

Alternatively it may be possible to purchase a cheap receiver and use the multichannel Pioneer in direct mode, so just treating it like a multichannel amplifier.

If you are looking to buy a new AV receiver, you could look at the latest Marantz models... like this one from Piyanas which has got pretty much everything for about 29K baht.

marantz are very good . Do not about Kodi.  I will google it ..thank you so much

4 hours ago, mahjongguy said:

How are you playing the video? On a PC?

I am playing it on a oppo player , I tried to convert the mp4 to avi and the put it on a usb stick , thge the message comes file to larger .

thank you ..

6 hours ago, MAF666 said:

You can individually  or batch convert your mp4 movies to avi using free applications like Handbrake, or online. 

Avi audio should play on your Pioneer.

I will look at online avi audio

thankyou ...

Archived