Mercedes C350e

Forza2002

I have a C350 e, and I can confirm there is nothing wrong with the car, and I can confirm the depreciation is appalling - to wit, I I am interested to replace my 2018 model with a 2020 model due to vastly improved technical specifications, but the trade in value is a joke.

We put a little over 17k km on this car since we got it, over 12k km of which in full electric mode. PHEV is really the best of both worlds, particularly for a country like Thailand with an under-developed charging infrastructure - possibly for all rural areas anywhere. Fully electrical vehicles are great for cities, but of little use beyond - just spend some time in any EV chatroom or blog and it becomes obvious that someday 'range anxiety' will be added to the International Journal of Psychiatry for treatment and evaluation.

I will probably never again buy a vehicle that is powered exclusively by an ICE - PHEV anytime.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sam Lin said:

The price is relatively low because Thailand is encouraging PHEVs and has a very low tariff rate on them to increase adoption. There are some nice cars that are priced at very close to EU/US pricing as a result.

Plus they are assembled in Thailand and avoid import duty.  

The OP question was why the C350e depreciates so quickly?  

Perhaps it is overshadowed by the improved C300e specs as noted by Minstral53.

Archived