CLARIFY PLEASE - difference between Visa-exempt and VOA - confusing labeling at immigration desks

Just put me straight please. I'm living in Vietnam but now need to regularly come back to Thailand for medical treatment. I've got a UK passport so I'm visa-exempt. I'm flying in and out of Don Muang every 2 - 3 months. I'm told I need to need to attend the hospital  up to 6 times (just for the day) over an 18-month period.

This means that over a 12-month period I'll be probably flying in and out of Thailand either four times, or possibly five times, staying each time for a few days.

In the current climate of Thai immigration laws - which seem to change every month - I'm concerned that one of these times I'm going to be refused entry.

But it's even more confusing, as the immigration desks at Don Muang are marked 'Visa on Arrival' and 'Passport Holders' (plus 'diplomatic' also). There is no desk or any sign or mention for 'Visa Exempt'.

I'm not having to pay a fee, and I'm getting a 30-day stamp each time I come in at the desk marked 'Visa on Arrival', so I gather that this is a actually a Visa Exempt stamp? Is that correct?

And can someone also confirm, please, that it's OK to do this over a period of time, as long as there's two or three months between each visit.

Many thanks in advance.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

A 15 day visa on arrival is only for those from about 21 countries.

For a 30 day visa exempt entry your use the normal passport lanes.

I was there yesterday with my elite visa (could have used priority lane i was told later). But there was only lanes for visa on arrival or Thai passports. I did not see anything else its really confusing on don muang.

• Like 2