Lawmakers blast Trump after president insults late lawmaker Dingell

webfact

7 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

The man that should apologize never does. He learned well from his mentor Roy Cohn, one of the most notorious villains in American history. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

The faux outrage on display here is quite something. Dingell is dead, I doubt very much he cares about Trump making an off the cuff joke. Get over yourselves.

Trump cannot win an election without the support of millions of decent Americans.

This latest boorish display only serves to alienate the non aligned swing voters who will decide the outcome of the 2020 election.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I am from Michigan where Dingell served.  He was probably the worst of many Michigan politicians like Kwame Kilpatrick, Coleman Young, Debbie Stabenow, and now Rashida Tlaib.  Michigan was once the heart that pumped the USA economy.  Now except for West Michigan, the state is decrepit and half of Detroit's population has been tested as functionally illiterate.  All thanks to liberal policies that Dingell and others promoted.  Probably Trump would have been best to not issue what is a truism about a very lousy John Dingell. 

Be that as it may, I can't see how anyone could persuade Trump to stay quiet. It is not in his DNA.

Detroit's ills are mirrored in many American cities. An influx of African-Americans to the inner city, flight of the white Americans to the satellite suburbs. The tax base decreases, services decrease correspondingly. Detroit is possibly worst case, because US carmakers persisted with gas-guzzlers when they were getting slaughtered on the quality front by the Japanese. Blaming Democrats for that is a bit facile.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

John Dingell's Tweet has aged badly. Now I know he's since moved on, but he really should have exercised restraint. Trump doesn't take personal insults and attacks laying down. I believe Twitter is not a credible enough source for Thaivisa so I will have to copy and paste Mr Dingell's tweet from his official page which is still active.

"@JohnDingell

On behalf of so many of my fellow veterans: Please take two running jumps and go to hell, Mr. Trump."

So I think the boys are about equal now. Probably a good idea for fake news media to let this one rest.

The same outraged people would curse Trump in his grave and defecate on it. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, candide said:

I am not hypocritical enough to deny it. However I don't carry on my shoulders the weight of being the POTUS.

Your post is a good example of the lame arguments made to excuse all of Trump's bad manners. It sounds like "you know, Joe, the guy next door has a bad temper but he is a good guy, etc..." Sorry but he's not 'Joe the guy next door', he's the POTUS and should honor his function.

I am not even saying anybody acts the same, they say much much worse. Let's stop playing games pretending feelings are hurt because Trump disparaged a dead politician who was rotten by most accounts. 

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

John Dingell's Tweet has aged badly. Now I know he's since moved on, but he really should have exercised restraint. Trump doesn't take personal insults and attacks laying down. I believe Twitter is not a credible enough source for Thaivisa so I will have to copy and paste Mr Dingell's tweet from his official page which is still active.

"@JohnDingell

On behalf of so many of my fellow veterans: Please take two running jumps and go to hell, Mr. Trump."

So I think the boys are about equal now. Probably a good idea for fake news media to let this one rest.

He at least did it directly to Trump, where as Trump has to respond once the man died, shows his lack of dignity or respect for anyone.

He demeans himself so often

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

At a campaign rally in Dingell's home state of Michigan Wednesday night, Trump suggested the late lawmaker was in hell by saying he was "looking up" rather than "looking down" on those still living.

Like Don Donald, of all people, would have any perspective on this? A man who has no spiritual life whatsoever, yet panders to his christian followers. You can simply tell by how he lives his life, how he makes his money, and how he treats his fellow man, that he has no perception of any spiritual values, nor any relationship with spirit. He has no respect for any man, will stoop to the lowest depths possible to get a rise out of his followers, and totally lacking in dignity, grace or kindness, for anyone. The only people he seems to like, are the devotees, who worship this orange overlord. 

This man is spiritually bankrupt, as well as being nearly financially bankrupt too, now that his name is radioactive. 

Edited by spidermike007